What Should I Do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

willus72

okay well heres what i am asking:
i have a 93 civic lx with a d15b7, iam thinking about doing a swap. so far i have narrowed it down to either a b18b or b18c. i have about 4g's to work with. i would perfer to do little bits at a time while keeping the car running. so i had planned doing the b18b and later adding avtec head and eventually a turbo. is this the cheapest and easiest route or whould i be better off putting up al the cash upfront to go with the c. i also would like to keep labor costs t a minimum or even try to tackle this myself. i need something that i can work with also so that i can later do more. also is there anything that i should do before i put the engine in so that adding a turbo at a later date would be easier. i am kind of new at the whole engine swap idea so i hve no clue where i should start. i am looking for te easiest and cheapest way right now that i can still cntinue working with as my knowledge base grows. so what would yu do in this situation. one more thing could somebody tell me what kind of prices i would be looking at to complete something like this. oh and would i be better off buying a complete kit or trying to salvage all the peices i might need from classifieds junk yards etc......

thanks in advance for all of your help

if you NEED to have VTEC get the B18C... its not worth doing an LS/VTEC if you dont already have an LS
best rout would be just boost the B18B .... if this is going to be a street car trust me you wont be missing the 2nd lobe much
ive seen many LS/Ts that are VERY impressive for street setups

I say go with the GSR, there is tons of info on the internet to really learn how to swap a motor, I did my first swap by grabbing my balls and reading some articles on the internet back like 4 years ago.

Milan

Back