1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should i do???

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by importstyle, Dec 14, 2003.

1. importstyle

importstyle Senior Member

what should i do, my car has a blown head gasket, and it is blow because i have a fully built head and not a build up lower end. I bought a new cylinder head for it, and a fel pro head gasket kit. My parents offered me 400 to take is somehwere and get it fixed, but i am weirey because i might be able to do it myslef, with the help of a hanes manual. what should i do? also if i accept the 400 that is basically my christmas!! thanks

2. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

do it yereself- but get rid of the hanes and get the real deal helms shop manual- doing a head gasket shouldn't be too bad, provided you have some knowledge of motors- keep the 400 bills

3. h22bubbleback

h22bubbleback Senior Member

i did my head gasket yesterday...took me the day...puttin the vac lines and all that BS back is the only thing i ever have problems with

4. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

you really should have your head planed if you do a headgasket, and just follow the procedure for torquing the head bolts in the right sequence. Should be fine!

5. tab

tab Super Moderator

and untorque them in the proper reverse sequence if you're reusing the old head.

6. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

:withstupid:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted