Votes: 18 69.2%
  • leave wheels chrome, take off running boards

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • leave running boards on, paint wheels black

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • take off running boards and paint wheels black

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

attachment.php

Option 5!

needs a canon or gattling gun on the roof. ^_^

As representative of the great state of Texas, I cast the entire Lone Star vote for option #5,
and respectfully yield the rest of my time to the distinguished gentleman from
North Pole, AK.

attachment.php

Option 5!

Last edited:
Option 5 FTW!
Civicious... what the shit are you going to do with a snowplow in Houston?
Fight crime on the outside of the "loop?" :shrug2:

Bag it and show it at Battle Drag in October!

no, its open manifolds isnt it? :ph34r:

edit: that was directed to neonmike's post

Last edited:
Lift it. Is that thing a diesel?

Yup. 6.7 Cummins. I love it.

few questions
what frontier did you have? a crew cab? year? v6? auto?
how did you like it?
towing capacity?
how was the mileage?

i have been looking at the s10 crew cabs and the frontier crew cabs
not really sure i want to bust that big of a nut just to have a 4 door truck, just wondering how you liked yours

I had a 2007 Frontier crew cab that I bought new back in 2007. V6 automatic, 2WD. It was a decent truck, the towing capacity was pretty good. I used it to haul a 6x10 enclosed trailer around the southern US all year so far to race the bike, and it did pretty well. I got around 15mpg without the trailer and about 7mpg with it, nothing to brag about.

The big problem with the Frontier is that stuff kept breaking. Granted, I beat the living shit out of the truck, but I didn't buy it to baby it. A lot of stuff that kept breaking on it was warranty stuff that goes bad regularly on the Nissans anyways - it's on its third rear end, and when I worked at Nissan I did hundreds of Frontier/Xterra/Titan rear ends. I got tired of shit breaking.

It was painted really cool though, PPG Flexed-flat clear FTW

DCP_2868.jpg

005_2780.jpg

008_2783.jpg

047_2823.jpg

leave it alone. thats a good looking truck.

i would invest the money into a intake/exhaust/chip...

I'm not going to put a chip on it. It's got a 100k BTB warranty, and 30k currently on the truck. I'm still really good friends with a lot of guys at the Dodge dealership that I was a tech at for years, but I still don't want to risk having a warranty claim voided. It makes PLENTY of power, gets really good gas mileage as it is (around 20mpg in town, driving the way that I drive), and the exhaust sounds good as it is. I don't want some gigantic retarded looking 6" whale-cock exhaust hanging out the back, I don't have any use for a bajillion horsepower, and I personally think trucks that blow heaps of black smoke out the tailpipe are absolutely fucking retarded. Keep that shit in high school, if your truck is smoking that means something is WRONG.

NO. I'm not in high school, I don't want a slammed truck - especially not a 4x4 diesel.

no, 'open header' was the saying

OPEN HEADER!!!!!

Option 5 FTW!!!!!

No but seriously, option 5.

But seriously, get rid of the chrome.

Remove the badges, go black, but definately get different wheels. Black on the gray looks really good as long as you keep it clean, and do it right. Welcome to the cummins familia!

Did you get the whole truck repainted or did you just have the flexed flat sprayed on the factory paint? That might look good on my truck.

Did you get the whole truck repainted or did you just have the flexed flat sprayed on the factory paint? That might look good on my truck.
I'm curious about this too. I'm about to be in the market for a mid-sized truck and I love the look of that one. Although with all the problems you said you had, I may get a Tacoma.

I say black the wheels and every other shiny bit.

I did the paintwork myself, a friend of mine owns a paint shop that I work out of. I scotch-brite'd my factory paint (which was black), laid down one color of black basecoat, and put 2 coats of flexed/flat clear over it. It took about 3 quarts of clear to cover my truck. You gotta lay it on fairly thin, if you get it too thick it'll come out glossy. It's also a BITCH to spray, you can't tell where it's even and where it isn't until it's dry, so you just kinda have to go by feel. It's like spraying candy with a blindfold on.

Tacomas are decent trucks, but their interior is (and has always been) cheap and cheesy, IMO...reminds me of a Saturn.

Back