what should i do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MrChallenger360

4wd civic man
hey i have a 91 civic hatch 4wd n its super slow :( . ne ways i am considering doing a swap. from what i have been told a ZC is a direct plug and play and i have found a dohc outta a 91 civic 4 door for $300. should i do it? also is there anything i should know b4 hand? thanks and i kno this should be in the swap section but i can't access that. ne ways thanks

~BRian

yes it will bolt right up to the trnny but thats about all i know,it would be something a little diffrent but thats about it, it still wont be a speed demon

I dunno what kind of power the trans can handle but a ZC-t would probably suit you for a little while.

Hell, I would buy the ZC, turbo the D that's in that bitch until it couldn't take it anymore, then do the swap.

Re: Advice

hey guys thanks for your advice. yeah i'm not looking for something thats super fast or anything. just something i can have some fun with. the d15 is just such a dog i can't take it anymore.

n i would consider a turbo cept it would be a waste if i couldn't use it on the ZC once im done. its a DOHC instead of a SOHC. plus i'm not looking to dump a bunch of money into the 15 unless you know of a cheap way to do it.

thanks a bunch though guys :D n please if anyone has any more information it would be most appreciated.

~BRian

n i would consider a turbo cept it would be a waste if i couldn't use it on the ZC once im done. its a DOHC instead of a SOHC. plus i'm not looking to dump a bunch of money into the 15 unless you know of a cheap way to do it.

You can use the D series exhaust stuff on all the ZC's. You may need to port out the manifold like 3mm.

Last edited:
Re:Turbo

You can use the D series exhaust stuff on all the ZC's. You may need to port out the manifold like 3mm.

so i can get any d series turbo stuff and it will fit to a SOHC and a DOHC ZC? with some small modification of course :p.

the specs on the DOHC are 137bhp what do you think a turbo will get me. also do you think i'll have trouble with the tranny.

***does anyone know if the 4wd has a special tranny??? everything i find doesn't have the 4wd specs***

Turbo?

alright guys i found a turbo setup minus the inercooler for $400. i'm not sure if i can get the cash but would it be worth it. the guy says its for a SOHC engine. and does ne one kno what kind of numbers i can get from like 8lbs of boost? thanks a bunch!

hey ok i wasn't very specific in that last one here's what the guy says:
Comes with:
-Manifold
-Mainfold heat shield
-Te04 mitsubishi turbo
-Electronic Boost Gauge
-Greddy Turbo Timer
-Unknown Blow off vavle
-All the piping
-Tapped oil pan
-Steel braided oil lines
-Oil Return line
-4 bolt patter down pipe, which connect to turbo (custom)
-Pipe connectors
-Rubber hoses
-Alot 0f "T's"
Turbo does not smoke, does NOT come with intercooler.
The internal wastegate can boost up to 12 lbs.

BTW WTF are "T's"?

thanks again

~BRian

T's go in the vacuum lines. it's shaped like T hence the name.

Thats a GREAT price if you can buy it. Intercoolers are pretty cheap now, maybe under 200 for a decent one on Ebay. I'd look around for a Johnny Racing one though, as they are the best.

BTW, where is that setup for sale?

Hey challenger, a turbo is a nice choice. you will pull just under 2 at the wheels. well... between 180 give or take. My last zc turbo ran 192 when i was finished. And thats what i did was just buy a turbo for my sohc and blew it up. Swapped motors and went. i actually have a zx for sale with only 5,000 miles on it. i was even rebuilt with turbo pistons and a ported head. if your interested.

hey guys thanks for the info. i found the setup locally on craigslist.org. i'll have 2 see if i can round up some money. cept i was talking to a friend and he said that its not a great deal he said i'd have 2 buy more stuff like bigger injectors.

hey crxowner, where r u located? i'm not really looking for a full motor kause i just bought a dohc zc but i'm looking for upgraded internals.

ne ways thanks again guys.

~BRian

Back