What should I drop in...ZC SOHC or ZC DOHC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-Fluffy

I know this question has been asked before. I have a 88 crx and wanted a lil more power preferably adding a turbo/nos combo in the future for power. I was wondering if it would be more beneficial for me to get a ZC SOHC or ZC DOHC. Im on a budget and b16 is out of the mind unless u got a cheap one for sale I can work on. Oh yeah im rebuilding the engines themselves and replacing the OEM parts with aftermarket. Thanks.

since the SOHC and DOHC ZC's are pretty close in price, why not get the DOHC and extra 12hp?

if you are just going to rebuild the whole motor, just do a swap. that's the best idea for the budget you have. 800 on a zc+1000 for internals is less hp than a b16 swap.

Originally posted by CRX-Fluffy@Oct 7 2003, 03:26 PM
I have a 88 crx and wanted a lil more power preferably adding a turbo/nos combo in the future for power.

NAWSSSSS!!!!!!!11

you should check out www.thezcr.com the whole sites about zc's so that could help you make your descion too. I myself am gonna go with a DOHC but thats me, two is beter then one right?? haha. Well good luck with whatever ou decide. Later

Back