What Should I Get?

I can't afford an Evo. What should I get?

• SRT4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SE-R Spec V

• Mazda 6 (V6)

• Keep the '94 EX and put in a B18c1 with a J

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

QUOTE (BlackJDMdeath @ May 20 2003, 01:29 AM)
"it's still a neon" "it's still a gay ass neon" blah blah blah... knowing damn well the gay ass neon that is a DSM where it counts would walk all over your "sexy" and "cool" cars... and do so with a 7 year drivetrain warranty.

drive the neon dude. just give it a chance

quit bitchin' 'bout the reliability when you have a 7 year/70,000 mile drivetrain warranty.

A good warranty doesn't mean it's a good product!

KIA's and Hyundai's and Daewoo's have good warranties, but they're still crap.

Meineke mufflers have a lifetime warranty and George Forman says they're good, but that doesn't make them a good product.

Besides, even if you bought a car because it carried a good warranty, as soon as you mess with the engine the warranty is gonna be void anyways.

Stick with the Honda! Proven reliabilty, performance, and style! END OF STORY

There is a reason why some cars have a longer warranty. The neon might have a 7 year/70k warranty but you will definetly be using it. Also, you mgiht have the warranty but whats the fun if your car is always in the shop. Ask SiSteve about his neon experience.

since when were viper bucket seats offered in a neon? they werent... until now.

i wasnt saying that having a good warranty made it a better product. i was saying that building on the car you have right now will NOT have a warranty. who gives a fuck if you're using your warranty? that's what the hell it's there for. i dont care what fucking vehicle it is, if you're going fast, YOU'RE BREAKING SHIT! that's how it works. sure it's a neon... but how many of the haters can beat the neon when it pulls up next to you at the light? think about that ;)

my vote goes to the Mazda 6 or the SRT-4.
The Mazda 6 is a pimpin 4-door. It's pretty quick and nimble for being a big-ass sedan but i would rock it any day of the week and twice on sunday.
Dodge finally stepped up and came out with a descent Neon. it's a good car for what it is.
Does it really matter what we thing, get whatever you like.

IMO the 6 is a glorified Ford Taurus, GAY
The SRT-4 I'm impress I like it, NOT Gay
The used WRX NOT GAY
and the M3, TELL ME WHAT THE HYPE IS?

BOTTOM LINE... This thread sucks!

So why did you reply to it?

Jeff, the new Neon isn't anything like the older neon. They seem to actually give a damn about the SRT series of cars and trucks. Dont knock it until you've rocked it.

Thanx to everyone that replied, I value most of your opinions. I was just curious as to who had driven those cars. I think the srt4 is a great car. Yes it's a neon. So the fuck what? I can take a pinto, drop in an aluminum v8, supercharge it and still call it a pinto. Does that mean it still sux? (ok, bad example.. :lol: ) The 6 is a sweet car, but I thought the handling was a bit sloppy. Those of you with stock crx's and dx hatch's might not understand. :p It is also underpowered unless you get the v6 with the 5 speed and then I might as well spend 4 grand more and get an evo. And my opinion on the wrx has changed since my friend bought his. They are still cool, but not as cool as you think. Or at least as I thought. I guess I AM going to keep the civ', I just came into some dinero so the swap is just around the corner. I also can't finance a car with my fucking license suspended. :angry: I just found out today that I'm a "negligent operator". <_< I could have told them that when I was 16!! So, this thread was worthless I guess, sorry I wasted everyone's precious time. Thanx for all the opinions tho, even tho no-one can agree on shit. P.S. - the VW sucks my balls.

Coming soon to an impound lot near you - Unlicensed supercharged GSR civic coupe!
:p

Yes. With a supercharger i can run a higher compression and I dont have to pay for an intercooler or any piping. On a GSR it's the better way to go IMO.

Any of the mods can feel free. :locked:

One more tidbit to add... I drove the 6 at the Mazda Rev It Up event, and it was actually pretty nice. Granted, they had the cars set up with Eibach Pro-Kits, Falken Azenis, and some aftermarket exhaust- but they drove pretty well, and had some interesting limits. The car took a lot more than I thought to get sideways, and danced in/out of the cones pretty well.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@May 21 2003, 03:18 PM
Yes. With a supercharger i can run a higher compression and I dont have to pay for an intercooler or any piping. On a GSR it's the better way to go IMO.

Any of the mods can feel free. :locked:

Its forced induction, you still need lower CR to run more boost and not ping and still be streetable. No IC piping? Some of the superchargers have an aftercooler, water to air or a air to air IC kit you can by, if not, i'd make one to help get cooler air.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@May 21 2003, 02:44 PM
Its forced induction, you still need lower CR to run more boost and not ping and still be streetable.

Exactly what I was going to say. Boost is boost, psi are psi. Doesn't matter how they get to your engine. Most Hondas can run 6-8 psi pretty safely on stock CR, so a turbo vs. supercharger won't matter there, especially since 8-10 psi is as high as most SC's go.

If psi is psi, what's the difference in sc vs turbo? (other than the mechanics...) If I'm running 8 psi on a turbo and 8 psi on a sc will I get the same power? And how is a sc as expensive as a turbo + intercooler???? I have heard of air to air IC but I don't know to much about forced induction.

well.. just like 8psi on a 14g and 8psi on a t66 turbo. One is only going to flow 450 cfms and the other flowing a lot more.

Roots style/belt driven s/c are for acceleration, centrifigual and turbo's have to spool. So, a trubo will net more power up top, but a s/c will put more power down, down low.

S/C's arent a change at the fly, infact, only the vortech centrifugal's can make extreme power like a turbo. Most s/c's are just good for around 300-600 cfms. They cost more b/c they make power right now, and not having to spool. But, a turbo can be made to spool quicker. It also depends on the size of turbo.

Back