What Should I Get

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you're running n/a, getting more overlap between the intake and exhaust valves (advancing the intake, retarding the exhaust) will help performance, with either stock or aftermarket cams. True, you'd need a dyno to optimize your gains, but you can see some gains by increasing overlap by a degree or two without a dyno.

I think he'e be better off removing p/s and a/c (if that's what he even wants to do) and machining his stock pulley down to just the timing belt. It would save money and keep the harmonic balancer intact.

i have already removed ac and ps. but the spots for the belts are still on the pulley. however, im not concerned with this right now.

ok a change in plans, up the price to 400, now what would you do? just looking for opinions here. thanks for everyones advice so far.

electric turbos work wonders. . . . or just get a cf hood :D

skip the ITR header and get a DC sports header instead (about $400). 2litreEG said an ITR header showed no improvement on his dyno. either that or get a v-afc. actually, the v-afc would be my first choice.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Mar 11 2003, 04:29 PM
skip the ITR header and get a DC sports header instead (about $400). 2litreEG said an ITR header showed no improvement on his dyno. either that or get a v-afc. actually, the v-afc would be my first choice.

yea i could, but the ITR is the best IMO, but the fact remains that i have to modify the cat to make either one fit b/c of my engine and chassis, and i dont want to modify the header or exhaust because i want it all removeable. and it would take me over the 400 dollar mark. keep em commin guys

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Mar 11 2003, 04:30 PM
fuck those things, i heard they actually decrease power.

you'll lose some lowend torque, but the high end power will be increased. but thats the same with any header. dc headers are pretty reputable for making good power on hondas. import tuner strapped one onto a stock '88 civic si and saw a 7.1hp peak increase on the dyno.

here's a link to the article:
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0207it_ppcivic/

lol, no, i was talking about the electric turbo that ek9r said. but yea i know dc headers are good, but IMO the ITR is better, and Darivative was saying that he saw no power gains against another header, not a stock one, which is what i have. keep em comming

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Mar 11 2003, 04:50 PM
lol, no, i was talking about the electric turbo that ek9r said. but yea i know dc headers are good, but IMO the ITR is better, and Darivative was saying that he saw no power gains against another header, not a stock one, which is what i have. keep em comming

Jason (2literEG) saw no difference between the matrix and the jdm itr header on his lsvtec.

Page 2 :owned: beotches! :)

Back