What should i run

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22ahatch

Hey guys i got some concerns with a h22a goin into a 92-95 hatch. First off with just a swap to a stock jdm h22a can anyone give me an estimated 1/4 mile time. also now would u go with the h22a or a b16a turbo? thanx i appreciate your time.

with that motor and your basic standard bolt on's you should hit 13's easy, I would say high 13's low 14's till you learn how to launch the shit and drive it.

Milan

i have a friend with h22a in a 94 coupe, has ran 13.6 with i/h/e, but has alotof problems hooking up even with slicks.

thanx alot guys ...so what do u think about a turboed b16 instead of the h22... i had a crx with a b16 and i was runnin 14.2 wth some bolt ons chip and a couple other minor things ...but im not to sure about whats good for a 92 hatch thats why im out askin around ..thanx again

not sure, which to go with. Both can be made to go fast. I am sure that the b16turbo would go nicely also.

Milan

Still gonna say go with a B series in a civic.

Yeah if you ever want to do any auto x you probably don't want to go with the h22. So i would say go with a b series like 92b16vx.

Ben

thanx guys.....does anyone have any good deals on h22's cuz the last b16 i got came with a broken TPS sensor, the wrong intermediate shaft, and a welded LSD tranny. so i dont really feel to confident goin with the same person .haha im sure u can understand. thanx guys once again i really appreciate it

Heres a list of where all the people at honda-tech.com ordered their swaps. not sure of any lists on this site.

i ordered my ls from sohfast.com. highly recommended.

Get the H22, I got one in my 95 Coupe, and as a matter of fact, last night I did two corvettes and i dont know how many Mustangs, the guys above are right, ur gonna have problems hooking up until you get some bad ass tires and until u figure out how to drive it, Dont f*cking waste your time on a b16, a stock H22 has almost the exact same torque as a B16 has horsepower, go with the big monster and play with the big boys, read my other post for more details if ur interested.

Stock Preludes run great times. I say stick with that motor.

1992 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 7.8 15.9
1994 Honda Prelude VTEC 7.2 15.1
1995 Honda Prelude VTEC 6.7 15.1

sohfast is a great company located in my own backyard, go through them and ull have excellent service.

thanx j3521, a appreciate the info ...so now would u recomend puttin the h22 in a hatch or a coupe?. i have the option of both so im not sure what to do yet. i like the hatchback alot more but im not sure which would handle better.. so you dont really notice a huge differecne cuz the stock honda engine i believe weighs like around 225 or so and the h22 is like 385 isnt it?...ive heard alot of suggestions for integra front springs...do u think its needed?..im new to the h22 idea..if it was a b16 it wouldnt be a problem but its kind of a jump so i wanna make sure i do it right the first time. thanx for your info man. take it easy

I honestly couldnt tell u a hatch or a coupe, of course you know by now, I have a coupe, but when it comes to the suspension, it was brought to my attention when I did the swap to convert to Integra suspension, I said lets see whats it like, and then maybe ill change over. Right now Im contempt with stock, but as soon as I go to my next stage of enhancements, which include, Skunk2 cams, springs, retainers, and valves, and hondata S200, I will be swapping to Integra Front suspension and brakes and I will also be swapping to integra rear suspension and 99 Si rear brakes; but since your just barely starting out, I would say go ahead and get the suspesion change for the front and if u can get the brakes also, that way u wont have to go back later and risk the possibility of an accident

ok sounds good ...now im not tryin to sound like i know everything but yet at the same time i dont wanna sound like an @ss..but what is OBD II or whatever it is ..cuz its more expensive for an h22 with that.....is it worth it to get that ?

any car or motor 1996 and newer is OBD2, 95 to 92 is OBD1, and 91 and down is OBD0; OBD 1 is definitely easier to tune and play with than OBD2, that is why I went with it, but I am not saying OBD2 is bad, there is just a little bit more work involved when you start tuning the car. I would suggest OBD2 motor, block of the EGR and cancel out the knock sensor and use a OBD 1 computer, u will have to repin the distributor, but when u go to tune your car to reall tweak out the extra power, OBD 1 will be easier on you

Back