1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should i run

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by h22ahatch, Aug 20, 2003.

1. h22ahatch

h22ahatch Junior Member

Hey guys i got some concerns with a h22a goin into a 92-95 hatch. First off with just a swap to a stock jdm h22a can anyone give me an estimated 1/4 mile time. also now would u go with the h22a or a b16a turbo? thanx i appreciate your time.

2. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

with that motor and your basic standard bolt on's you should hit 13's easy, I would say high 13's low 14's till you learn how to launch the shit and drive it.

Milan

3. 2fastaccord

2fastaccord Senior Member

Run that bitch down the strip and find out!

Peace*

4. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

i have a friend with h22a in a 94 coupe, has ran 13.6 with i/h/e, but has alotof problems hooking up even with slicks.

5. h22ahatch

h22ahatch Junior Member

thanx alot guys ...so what do u think about a turboed b16 instead of the h22... i had a crx with a b16 and i was runnin 14.2 wth some bolt ons chip and a couple other minor things ...but im not to sure about whats good for a 92 hatch thats why im out askin around ..thanx again

6. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

not sure, which to go with. Both can be made to go fast. I am sure that the b16turbo would go nicely also.

Milan

7. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Still gonna say go with a B series in a civic.

8. lswhitecivic

lswhitecivic Senior Member

Yeah if you ever want to do any auto x you probably don't want to go with the h22. So i would say go with a b series like 92b16vx.

Ben

9. h22ahatch

h22ahatch Junior Member

thanx guys.....does anyone have any good deals on h22's cuz the last b16 i got came with a broken TPS sensor, the wrong intermediate shaft, and a welded LSD tranny. so i dont really feel to confident goin with the same person .haha im sure u can understand. thanx guys once again i really appreciate it

10. tymasterflex

tymasterflex Member

Heres a list of where all the people at honda-tech.com ordered their swaps. not sure of any lists on this site.

i ordered my ls from sohfast.com. highly recommended.

11. j3521

j3521 Junior Member

Get the H22, I got one in my 95 Coupe, and as a matter of fact, last night I did two corvettes and i dont know how many Mustangs, the guys above are right, ur gonna have problems hooking up until you get some bad ass tires and until u figure out how to drive it, Dont f*cking waste your time on a b16, a stock H22 has almost the exact same torque as a B16 has horsepower, go with the big monster and play with the big boys, read my other post for more details if ur interested.

12. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Stock Preludes run great times. I say stick with that motor.

1992 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 7.8 15.9
    1994 Honda Prelude VTEC 7.2 15.1
    1995 Honda Prelude VTEC 6.7 15.1

13. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

sohfast is a great company located in my own backyard, go through them and ull have excellent service.

14. h22ahatch

h22ahatch Junior Member

thanx j3521, a appreciate the info ...so now would u recomend puttin the h22 in a hatch or a coupe?. i have the option of both so im not sure what to do yet. i like the hatchback alot more but im not sure which would handle better.. so you dont really notice a huge differecne cuz the stock honda engine i believe weighs like around 225 or so and the h22 is like 385 isnt it?...ive heard alot of suggestions for integra front springs...do u think its needed?..im new to the h22 idea..if it was a b16 it wouldnt be a problem but its kind of a jump so i wanna make sure i do it right the first time. thanx for your info man. take it easy

15. j3521

j3521 Junior Member

I honestly couldnt tell u a hatch or a coupe, of course you know by now, I have a coupe, but when it comes to the suspension, it was brought to my attention when I did the swap to convert to Integra suspension, I said lets see whats it like, and then maybe ill change over. Right now Im contempt with stock, but as soon as I go to my next stage of enhancements, which include, Skunk2 cams, springs, retainers, and valves, and hondata S200, I will be swapping to Integra Front suspension and brakes and I will also be swapping to integra rear suspension and 99 Si rear brakes; but since your just barely starting out, I would say go ahead and get the suspesion change for the front and if u can get the brakes also, that way u wont have to go back later and risk the possibility of an accident

16. h22ahatch

h22ahatch Junior Member

ok sounds good ...now im not tryin to sound like i know everything but yet at the same time i dont wanna sound like an @ss..but what is OBD II or whatever it is ..cuz its more expensive for an h22 with that.....is it worth it to get that ?

17. j3521

j3521 Junior Member

any car or motor 1996 and newer is OBD2, 95 to 92 is OBD1, and 91 and down is OBD0; OBD 1 is definitely easier to tune and play with than OBD2, that is why I went with it, but I am not saying OBD2 is bad, there is just a little bit more work involved when you start tuning the car. I would suggest OBD2 motor, block of the EGR and cancel out the knock sensor and use a OBD 1 computer, u will have to repin the distributor, but when u go to tune your car to reall tweak out the extra power, OBD 1 will be easier on you

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted