What size injectors for d16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Hey guys heres another Q for ya. I am building up a d16z6, full build. I am planning to run 10-14 lbs of boost. I am not interested at all in the mechanical d16s are garbage i hear, i just have a question of injectors.
I have a set of 330 injectors, and i was planning on getting a set of 450cc injectors (20 bux, cant pass them up)
My buddy keeps tellin me that 450cc injectors will be too much for a d16, but he bullshits alot. If the 330s are gona be more than adequit for 13lbs of boost, so be it, but is it a good idea to run the 450's?

lol it's free y0

www.pgmfi.org start reading :)

EDIT- the program is free, the chips, burner and other stuff necessary for making chips are not

but their cost is quite minimal, especially when compared to hondata

Your friend probably is talking about just installing the 450's without anykind of fuel management and if that's what he means they won't work, but like pissedoffsol said just get uberdata and you will be able to run DSM 450cc injectors just fine, I am running them right now actually. I would just turbo your stock motor to start with also, then later on down the road if you want more power go ahead and build it up. I have been boosting my stock d16z6 for 8 months making about 215whp (10psi on a t3 60 trim) and I rape my car on a daily basis (was running 12psi for a few weeks also when racing, 230whp). Good fuel management and tuning goes a long way, but you should be pretty safe on a stock d16z6 around 200whp.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Nov 12 2004, 07:17 PM
:werd:

do you have a search engine that alerts you whenever we say uberdata? :p

[post=416123]Quoted post[/post]​

I think my brain just knows, I don't visit this site too often, but it seems like there is always a thread with uberdata at the top when I do lol.

Originally posted by 5speed4life@Nov 12 2004, 04:56 PM
Hey guys heres another Q for ya. I am building up a d16z6, full build. I am planning to run 10-14 lbs of boost. I am not interested at all in the mechanical d16s are garbage i hear, i just have a question of injectors.
I have a set of 330 injectors, and i was planning on getting a set of 450cc injectors (20 bux, cant pass them up)
My buddy keeps tellin me that 450cc injectors will be too much for a d16, but he bullshits alot. If the 330s are gona be more than adequit for 13lbs of boost, so be it, but is it a good idea to run the 450's?
[post=416049]Quoted post[/post]​

ive got a set of rc 370cc injectors if you need em.

Back