What size injectors?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jevs

I built an LS/Vtec motor for my Austin Mini. I was wondering what size injectors I should use. I have JE 11.5-1 forged pistons and the head is milled a little, AEM fuel pressure regulator, STR fuel rail, DC Sports header, Accel DFI gen 7, block guard, clutchmaster flywheel, ACT clutch, GSR transmission. I will be adding an aftermarket intake and adjustable cam gears at a later date. I was thinking 310cc injectors, but I am not really sure. I am going to make some calls tommorow, but figured I would see what you guys think. You can see what I am building here http://webpages.charter.net/jevs/vtecmini.htm

I am finally getting back to it after a year of working on everything else but my Mini.

I think I've seen your web page before, but I went ahead and read through it ALL again. Great work on the Mini! I hope you come back here and post up as you continue this project.

:thumbsup:

Based on the build you have laid out here and on your web page, you really have a pretty stock LS/VTEC setup with just high compression pistons. 310cc injectors will run that just fine. If you're going to go all out and try for 230whp after cams and some port/polish work, I would recommend that you think about 440cc injectors. If you go through with the nitrous install, 550cc might be the best choice- assuming that you add your extra fuel from the main injectors.

Good luck!

Back