What size TB??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolLess16

Hey guys wanted to get rid of my stock Tb and wanted to know what would be the best size? Mods are listed in my Sig, im thinking about a 64mm but open to all sugestions. Thanks

in your case i would go with 64mm, you can have most machine shops bore it out for pretty cheap, like in the 60 dollar range.

he has a d16z6, the biggest u can take a d series tb is about 60. those wall are paper thin too. so i wouldnt suggest it. i would just get a tb from a b18b1, the 96-01? teg. its a direct bolt on. i have one on my d16y8, it works fine.

oh and the LS tb is 60mm, i can a b series ported to 70? not to sure. dont dont waste the money on a D series tb.

i also heard that the s2000 fits, and a h22, or f22? something along those lines. check the refrence section of this forum, or atricles, they have a list of most the honda tbs and there size.

peace out

If memory serves, OJ himself tweaked TB and Fuel press on this setup to only gain 1.something HP. I wouldn't sweat it too much. Try the teg first, you could score one of these from a scrap yard for peanuts.

opps, my suggestion was for a B series, didn't notice that you had the D

TB Size is largely dependant on the design of your intake manifold. (plenum size, and runner length). The design of your intake manifold is dependant on your power goals and location.

Bigger TB, smaller plenum.
small TB, larger plenum.

The best way to find out if your TB is too small for your IM plenum is to determine what the intake manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor is reading (in the plenum) when you are at full throttle ( or wide open throttle (WOT) ) while the car is accelerating using a datalogger. The MAP should be equal to, or close to, atmospheric pressure. If it isn't or there is a MAP drop at WOT, then your TB is still too small.

Back