What size throttle body to use

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92slowmobile

Greatest Member
I am having a problem choosing what size throttle body to use. They are all the same price too which makes it even harder. My first thought was to go with the bigger one which is like 70 mm, but i wasn't sure because they have a 66mm and a 68 mm. These are all skunk2. I kinda want a majority of my car to be skunk2, i just like their products. But any info would be appreciated on which one to go with.

if you dont have any head work done i wouldn't bother but if you just want one i wouldnt go over 66mm no bigger

since you're running a d15.. just buy a b16 throttle body its 60mm.. any bigger isnt gonna do jack shit unless you have a fully built d-series

How about any ideas on pistons and rods? I want to fully build this motor up. I just need more i deas on things to do to make this thing a beast. This motor is pretty much just a starter engine for me so when i move up the ranks engine wise i already have a bit of knowledge and know how.

you should hit up Andrew. .he has a built d16.. not sure if he's selling it or sold it already

How about any ideas on pistons and rods? I want to fully build this motor up. I just need more i deas on things to do to make this thing a beast. This motor is pretty much just a starter engine for me so when i move up the ranks engine wise i already have a bit of knowledge and know how.

If this is a starter engine then why would you want to fully build it? Do you have any idea how much aftermarket internals cost? Honestly I wouldn't waste a shit ton of money trying to build up a D-Series motor naturally aspirated, especially if you plan on ditching it for a better engine later on. You'll get a lot farther for less money on a turbo'd D rather than an N/A D.

Just my 2 cents...take it or leave it...

Back