What springs to run on Illuminas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

Well, graduation is comming up, which means (hopefully) I'll get some money, which in turn means that the CRX gets some...if not all of it. My stock ride is shit. My shocks are blown and I'm planning on getting some Illuminas. Should I just order the box set with tokico illuminas and tokico springs together? Or should I go with some other brand spring?

I want to start AutoXing so I'm looking for performance in that department...but I still want decent streetability. I'm not really into the whole "slammed" look and so I'd like to stay near stock height, maybe just a 1-2" drop. (I also don't feel like getting my car jacked. I'm moving to a big city [minneapolis] so I don't want to attract too much attention.)

What would you guys suggest for a Street by week, AutoX by weekend suspension setup? Thanks. :worthy:

I bought the kit with the springs and struts. It rides nice and did not lower the car too much, maybe 1.8 inches. I would recommend it. I paid $500 bucks for mine from someone off of groupbuycenter.com

its all about the skunk2 coilovers y0! Im not expierencing any of this rough ride i hear that im sposed to get with these springs. hmm whateva

I tell ya, I went from some retard stiff shock/springs, to the Illuminas with ground controls, 400/300 springs, and it is sooo much nicer Still stiff, but not jolting, and handling is improved a lot, I used to drive one road here about 100kmh, felt ok, but anything over was pushing it. Now I've taken the same road at 130 km/h and it doesn't even feel close to out of control. I've got maybe 3/4-1" of gap front and back, no rubbing.

I don't really want a coilover setup. I just want springs. Any other opinons out there? I've heard good things about tanabe. Thanks. :D

Back