1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what struts to get for the hatch?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Speedracer228, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Speedracer228

Speedracer228 ......

My new 90 si hatch i just picked up with a b16a siR is saggin pretty bad in the front with all stock suspension. Therefore im pickin up some ground control coilovers and im stuck between getting some tokico blue's or KYB GR2's. so if anyone has any experience with either using ground control's lemme hear it.

2. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

Neither. Spend another $100 and get AGX's.

And this has been discussed so many times. Please do a search.

3. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

If you're willing to drop $250 on springs but not get good shocks, you have your priorities fucked up. Get the AGX's or Tokico Illuminas and just get some cheaper springs. You can get H&R, Eibach, or Tanabe springs for about $150, which will make up for the extra money you spent on the shocks. As far as needing coilovers, you don't. You won't ever adjust them after they make it onto your car, so they arn't really doing you much good after the inital adjustments.

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

IMO, it is a better idea to save up even a bit more, and drop it on a threaded body fully adjustable. Bilstein, H&R, Tokico all make systems for under a grand.

5. Speedracer228

Speedracer228 ......

well i decided to buck up and get the KYB AGX's along with the ground control's, hopefully they should be here by the end of the week so i can put em on :D

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

That's a good combo, you'll be happy with it.

7. Speedracer228

Speedracer228 ......

I hope so, im trying to do everything right the first time because its in my nature to be cheap, but with cars you really do get what you pay for 95% of the time, unless you got a hook-up somewhere.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted