What Sub to Buy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bl6CRX

wassup!, yeah at the moment im got two polk 10's and a 501s fosgate amp, it hits hard but im looking for something with deeper base and id prefer 1 speaker just because i don't want it to take up the space so im thinking one good 12 (i don't want a 15), im looking for the deepest/cleanest overall base for the buck (cost is an issue) so throw me some suggestions. . .thanks guys!

The Rockford Fosgate hx. I think thats the name. Rockford is good at subs!!! :D
oops my bad (money issue), I think there are some specials on the web.

i have a pair of fosgate HE 12's and im only running 1000watts to them, and man do they pound! and it is really clear! they can be expensive but you have to find the deals man! i have them in a vented box and they are twice as loud as in a normal sealed box...so check them out!!!!!

I have 3 he2 Rockford fosgates i am only using two of them tho i might not use any of them. Pm me if you are interested. I am def trying to get rid of them. You guys are right Rockfords pound these are by far the best subs i have ever had in my life.

if you have a rex then get a Rockford 12" HE, put the box against your hatch so if you look behind you you can see the face of the sub, and put it in a sealed box, but mount it rear firing, it will be loud as all fuck.

i use rockford for components, but id go jl fosho. either a 10w7 or a 12w3. they would both be affordable, and they will rattle your spleen apart. i know the 10w7 is only a 'ten', but it hits harder then almost any 12 ive ev4r heard. its a little more spendy than the 12w3. if you want to spend less the 12w3 is the way to go. now, most people like sealed enclosures, but if you go ported, youll get another 3db out of the deal. thats like doubling your amp power. of course the trade off for this is that you need a bigger box. not a whole lot bigger tho. like 2ft3, instead of 1-1.5. go to local stores and listen. make sure that you like the sound, not the pitch the salesman is running. of course he is gonna try to upsell you. but let him know your budget, and only listen to subs within that budget. i use 2 12 jl 12w3's and a 6w0 6.5 inch sub in the cab.

kickers alright too. i used to rock two solo baric 10s, and they hit really well. drove those fuckers with a lanzar opti drive. yum

i've got these for sale custom designed to fit a crx where the cargo cover is... comes with 4 guage amp install kit. 2 10" rockford Hx2's and 500.2 amp.
rocked the HELL out of my CRX.
everything is in excellent condition.
AIM: allmotordxhatch
or PM me if your interested.
000_0130.JPG

000_0132.JPG

subs1.jpg

subs2.jpg

yeah if you get a ported box it will be louder but vented is the best man i had ported and now i got vented,wow it pounds twice as much! how much for your fosgate kit? DETC

Originally posted by bluenutz5@Jan 12 2004, 08:09 AM
yeah if you get a ported box it will be louder but vented is the best man i had ported and now i got vented,wow it pounds twice as much! how much for your fosgate kit? DETC

Not nescessarily, sealed, ported whatever depends on the speaker and box design.
I have a 10" Polk Momo in a tiny sealed box and it is more than loud enough.

Infinity Kappa prefects are sick, prolly the crispest bass I've heard. Alpine Type R's are nice too.

I have a CRX I need something to mount up my 1 12 inch Polk Audio Momo series sub and 1000 watt Sony Xplod and that set up is really nice where can I get plans to make it or do I have to buy the whole thing. My 1 sub rocks my car really good!

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Jan 12 2004, 05:58 PM
Infinity Kappa prefects are sick, prolly the crispest bass I've heard. Alpine Type R's are nice too.

you want crisp clean bass, go with DD or Image Dynamics

Well, as far as a sub goes, everyone in here will tell you something different, and as for subs, they are as many opinions as there are for subs...what I would do is just check around and see what sounds the best to you...

PS ~ Ported and Vented are the exact same thing, and the exact same concept...one is rectangular, and the other is round, only difference...

Brandon

Back