what swap should i do

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm94ex

ok i just sold my gsr swap so i could by my newest project a 90 civic si hatch,and i was swondering what motor i should put it in

b16a1
ls/vtec
or do a mini turbo setup

i got the sohc vtec head and i can prob get my buddies ls block and tranny

im lookin to spend around 2gs what do you think would be the better setup???

and for the ls/vtec i was gonna do ctr pistons in it for high compresion

whatever swap i do i wanna be able to get into the 13s and be reliable

Id try an LS block with a GSR head...but if your lookin to go all motor..you might as well start with a b16...because your gonna have to raise the ls block's CR...but for a good 13 second car..do LS block with a GSR head...get some cams in there...intake header,exhaust...good tires and a clutch..and you could run 13s.

You can't really do a b16a swap right with $2000. Mine cost a total of $3000 with everything included, and that was me installing the engine.

I'd say go LS/VTEC, although again, it will probably cost more than $2000.

Another option you have is getting a JDM DOHC ZC. They are perfect for boost, and you could do the whole swap for under $1000. Then you can save up a little and go turbo later on.

I may have misunderstood you, but you said you had a single overhead cam vtec head and were going to put it in an LS block? Thats a D-series head onto a B-series block, it wont work. You'd need to find a B-series head (Dual overhead cam) if you were getting an LS block.

H22 ha ha. I have to be different from the norm yo. I saw a H22 hatch built in San Diego this guy was smoking everything. So even though I will be the only one voting for the H22 I gots to do it.

:no: There is NO WAY IN HELL you can do an h22 sawp in an EF for $2000. And if you think you can, you're dumb.

i'm with integraslut on this one too. even though you can't do it for 2000 or less, you can't really do too many swaps for that regardless. h22 turbo and that hatch would wax some shit. :D

haha i know a sohc head wont fit on a dohc block typo sry but i think i found a rebuild ls motor for 600 i might look into that then find a head ans have it milled a lil

DOHC ZC + boost = cheapest way to go fast. If you do it right, and shop around you could have the motor in your car putting down more power than an H or a ITR for around, maybe a hair over $2000 doing the work yourself. OR get the $600 LS you think you found and do the same.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 21 2005, 01:05 AM
DOHC ZC + boost = cheapest way to go fast. If you do it right, and shop around you could have the motor in your car putting down more power than an H or a ITR for around, maybe a hair over $2000 doing the work yourself. OR get the $600 LS you think you found and do the same.
[post=489486]Quoted post[/post]​

yea but i dont know if theres any shops around here to tune it and i dont know a whole lot about turbo

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 21 2005, 02:05 AM
DOHC ZC + boost = cheapest way to go fast. If you do it right, and shop around you could have the motor in your car putting down more power than an H or a ITR
[post=489486]Quoted post[/post]​

My hatch that i am selling has a DOHC Zc in it!!!
That is a hell of a selling point!!!

Any halfway decent shop can dop a leakdown, and compression test. Do those, if it's good to go, you can boost it safely with most fuel management systems, hell run a FMU and 5psi, enough to satisfy until you can learn more or find a shop that can tune it for higher boost.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Apr 20 2005, 09:36 AM
You can't really do a b16a swap right with $2000. Mine cost a total of $3000 with everything included, and that was me installing the engine.

Another option you have is getting a JDM DOHC ZC. They are perfect for boost, and you could do the whole swap for under $1000. Then you can save up a little and go turbo later on.
[post=489134]Quoted post[/post]​

I got my swap from hmotors with hasport mounts, shift linkage and the full swap shipped into my garage for 2159. A little over 2000 but not much.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Apr 20 2005, 10:52 AM
:no: There is NO WAY IN HELL you can do an h22 sawp in an EF for $2000.  And if you think you can, you're dumb.
[post=489196]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry didn't see that you wanted to spend 2gs. I will go with a B20 bottom end with a GSR head then I think you should be able to do that for 2gs or maybe a little more. But I still like the H22 idea :worthy:

ok i decied to do a ls/vtec with some jdm itr pistons what rods should i got with im gonna spray a small shot of nitrous to

Originally posted by b16efhatch+Apr 21 2005, 06:16 PM-->
Citizen_Insane
@Apr 20 2005, 09:36 AM

[post=489134]Quoted post[/post]​

I got my swap from hmotors with hasport mounts, shift linkage and the full swap shipped into my garage for 2159. A little over 2000 but not much.
[post=489778]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you talking about a b16? I got a b16 from HMO too. However, I put it in an HF CRX so I needed new hubs....I used teg ones and my stock rims wouldn't fit, so I had issues there. I also put a $300 clutch in mine also....and some new parts. It all adds up, you have to remember that paying for the engine itself is just the first step.

I put my LS in my hatch for under 2gs including the hatch...

Now it's an LST and I still haven;t spent more than 3300 including the car.

Back