What swap would be best for my 97 ex coupe???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmcoupe97

What motor swap would be best for my 97 ex coupe to go all motor? tell me what you guys think? :p :D

wNzg0ODI3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Well since its a Honda stick with something that will give you good mileage and low polluter. I suggest a hampster on a wheel.

Originally posted by jdmcoupe97@Feb 20 2005, 02:12 AM
What motor swap would be best for my 97 ex coupe to go all motor? tell me what you guys think? :p :D

wNzg0ODI3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

[post=463362]Quoted post[/post]​

GSR!!!! (OBDII)

But seriously, what is your budget? That will really determine what you can get. Why all-motor?

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 20 2005, 01:26 AM
But seriously, what is your budget? That will really determine what you can get. Why all-motor?
[post=463388]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont have a job and all dat to be boostin... i dont have money to maintain dat man im sorri... i just wanna go all motor right now... i have 1 more year of high school and then college and thats when im thinking about boosting i dunno yet.. i want my car to look nice and to be beating people out there you kno where im coming from?

Originally posted by jdmcoupe97+Feb 20 2005, 12:26 PM-->
projectxspeed
@Feb 20 2005, 01:26 AM
But seriously, what is your budget?  That will really determine what you can get.  Why all-motor?
[post=463388]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont have a job and all dat to be boostin... i dont have money to maintain dat man im sorri... i just wanna go all motor right now... i have 1 more year of high school and then college and thats when im thinking about boosting i dunno yet.. i want my car to look nice and to be beating people out there you kno where im coming from?
[post=463454]Quoted post[/post]​

1) speak english
2) if u don't have a job then u might want to look into getting one, swaps like that will be a bit pricey
3) why not turbo the D?
4) turbo itr can be difficult, lots of tuning would be required because of the high compression

For the price of a B18C5, you could get a GSR motor and do alot more with the left over money and have a motor more powerful than the Type-R. I would go with the GSR swap.

Whats the highest compression i can have without pumpin racing gas and just pumping 93?

also why not considering turboing the motor you have in there now? you would make more power than doing a swap, ive changed my nimd and instead of me swapping a gsr in my 97 civic ex and im gonna just go turbo, but if u swap get the engine from www.hmotorsonline.com and also dont b cheap, get the LSD!

so what your saying is...your going to boost the single cam? heeh can i see some pics of your coupe? whats your aim ill send you some pics heres mine getkrunk67

why do u wanna see pics? right now my car is still messed up cuz i got rear ended but if u want i can go take some here in a few minutes, turboing the d series single cam vtec will be cheaper and u will be making more power than someone with a swap, i plan on buying all of my turbo stuff this summer, in july....

Cheap swap with good power would be an h22a IMO. or turbo the d like some other wise ppl suggested. theres a guy on here that is runnin 12s in his d-series turbo ninja :ph34r: .

beerbong has like 230 whp on his d series using uberdata and homemadeturbo.com

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Feb 20 2005, 12:36 PM
beerbong has like 230 whp on his d series using uberdata and homemadeturbo.com
[post=463476]Quoted post[/post]​

na im str8 imma jus swap it wit a B series and build it ;)

Back