Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 10"

• 1 8"

• 2 8&qu

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

first of all, jl doesnt make a 'comp' series; thats kicker. but i digress. consider the type of music you listen to. my advice - if you listen to rock and metal, go with 10. techno and some rap, 12. rap and bass tracks, 15. as far as the number of them, consider how well your other speakers support their own particular frequency bands. and if they are loud (and clear) enough to integrate with two, then by all means. but if you cant quite support the air displacement, stick with one. not only are you probably not going to need any more in that event, you are preventing about 50 extra pounds from cluttering your space and performance. im runnin two jl 12w3's one jl 6w0 for midbass, two 5.25 rockford audiophiles (no tweets in the rear - they mess up your imaging) for rear deck, and a set of rockford fanatic Q 6.5's for the front - all powered by beautiful alpine v12 power. and a sweet ass denon head unit, but im a sound freak. and i dont have my subs cranked all the damn time. gotta have balance!! good luck in making your decision!!

I say 15's I had two in my rex and hit a 147.9 with a autotech 300 , sold the system to get
two L5 kickers with 1200 not on meter yet.but its pounding
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/digitalpimp4...es/Image011.jpg my rex
or see it here the guy who painted it for me a good friend of mine.
http://www.cccustoms.biz
thats his 4 runner behide my car sitting on 22's and in side is just as kickass 7"LCD lol
i need it to pull my car to shows with :p

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 21 2003, 08:40 PM
if you need more than one 10 or 12 (depending on the bass you like)... then your using shitty speakers

I couldn't agree more.I have one 12'' and its box and placement make it sound WAY better than my friends 2 12'' 1200watt ridicilous setup.Combine with a good component set,and right size amp and your rockin'.There is NO NEED what so ever for 2 12' in a small car like that,one 12'' will more than move enough air to sound top of the line.The space it is in,is only so big and can accomodate so much,before if just turns to crap sound wise.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 21 2003, 08:28 PM-->
@Apr 21 2003, 08:40 PM
if you need more than one 10 or 12 (depending on the bass you like)... then your using shitty speakers

I couldn't agree more.I have one 12'' and its box and placement make it sound WAY better than my friends 2 12'' 1200watt ridicilous setup.Combine with a good component set,and right size amp and your rockin'.There is NO NEED what so ever for 2 12' in a small car like that,one 12'' will more than move enough air to sound top of the line.The space it is in,is only so big and can accomodate so much,before if just turns to crap sound wise.

you should tell your friend to buy a real amp. No amp that is 1200 watts is putting out any sort of quality power.

I have a kicker zr240 powering 2 12 in comps. My amp outpowers my 2 12s. zr240

if you want a simple system then with that amp id recomend two 10's in a sealed enclosure for best sound quality.... if you want serious SPL like my rex get six tens in a vented enclosure..... thats another story though

12's take up more space because of the enclosure but it will sound better

15's are even better but space is very difficult to get for them...but still very possible

as far as using 1 gauge wire that not really needed...that amp isnt pulling enough amperage to need that size of wire, but if you plan on upgrading the system then keep that gauge for whenever you get a real amp... id get a yellow top bat and a cap or even a batcap...

are you trying to get the loudest system possible or simply some good all around system...

just so you know im not an idiot who knows nothing of boxes and systems my cousins system and box i built has gotten him several trophies and more recently a 153db 1st place trophy at a car show with two 15's and a pos boss rev300d amp

good luck on the system

ok this is fucking retarded ..... if you want a competition sound system in your fucking car then go to a fucking car audio oriented site
this isnt the fast and the furious
NEWS FLASH
fast cars dont have 8000 lbs of stereo shit in the fucking back
:fr:
:bash:

153 db :eek: wowwwwwww
i have friends that compeat on the national levels in USAC and are putting out 170+
yippie!!!!!! :ghey: the cars are slow as fuck

naa im not wanting a super system, just sumthin that pounds harder then what i got now... I think im gettin 1 12 JL W3, and turn the amp down to 600wts or so , so i dont blow it... then make 1ft cubed of space cuz thats what its best at... that shouldnt weigh more then 50lbs or so... im not wanting like 1000lb system cuz im not goin to compettion , i just want sumthin to hit hard so the guy who im drivin next to looks over and is like... damn that hits pre good...

im proly going to end up gettin that 12 W3, for one channel... then the other make custom enclosers and run 4 6x9 in the back and a couple tweeters for the other channel... and then run that all to a remote switch... then with my 300wt amp... bridge it over for 1 8" sub so when i first turn it on people think thats all i got... then i hit the switch and then BOOM!!... should be good...

then some little fuck hears you bangin around town and decides hes gunna smash the back window and steal all your shit

great idea
not all attention is good

153 db wowwwwwww
i have friends that compeat on the national levels in USAC and are putting out 170+
yippie!!!!!! the cars are slow as fuck

:blink:
yeah, they should be slow as fuck, cause the only vehicles hittin those db's are dedicated db draggers, not street vehicles. im calling :bs: unless your friend's cars are 3 ton chevy astros. 153 is loud as HELL in a streetable vehicle (really, you NEED to wear ear protection if youre sittin in the car at 153. believe.). those 170 db monsters usually have inch thick or better windshields and shitloads of concrete or plaster, which id imagine would add a little to your e.t. and remember kids, every 3 db increase is the same as DOUBLING your power or cone area.

10's baby.... they sound clean as hell and they hit damn hard with the right setup.. 12's are too sloppy and without a sealed box they will hit uncontrolled, giving a messy sound.... i have 2 10's that hit just as hatd as my buddies 2 12's...

but what ever you do dont under power your shit cause that'll blow it easier than over powering

get 10's

for the record, underpowering will NEVER blow shit. its a myth. but having shit underpowered and cranking the gain to compensate will fuck your shit up. youre sending a square wave to the speaker when you do that, and a square wave will burn your speaker all to hell.

Back