what the best swap for auto X

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pretty much the only thing that you can do to stay in the stock class is exhaust and tires but they must be DOT approved, so racing slicks are a no go but is you put street slicks than you are ok. With me, i would be in h stock but becuase of my intake, i went to d-stock, if you look on the classifications, porsche 944 or maybe 928's were placed in there, tuff to beat.

you can get these
ku_victoracer.jpg

these
yo_a032r.jpg

or these
hoosier_a3s03.jpg

all are DOT legal and available in sizes that will fit a honda 14" rim ... the first ones are slicks after 2 runs and the 3rd ones i have no fuckin clue how they are DOT legal ... but hey i dont make the rules :)

if you wanna swap something and stay competitive, drop a d16z6 in. they way i understood the rules was that you could swap engines or parts from a higher model(ie civic si) on your car without being thrown into a higher bracket. i think if you go with a b16, b18 etc they put you in 'X' class. this group allows unlimited mods, and you will get your ass kicked. this was in the houston SCCA but i think the rules are the same everywhere.

pretty much any swap other than stock replacement will put you in SM ( with full interior ) EM ( with gutted interior )

i m wanting to try it i m not wanting to do it every free time i have. so what i learned that if i swap the motor i m fucked unless everyone i race sucks. i m not wanting to win or anything i just want to get better at driving and i would like to see where i would stand up to other drivers and what not. it's more for learning if i do good great if i suck i hope i get better.

thats pretty much the way im lookin at it ... i know theres people in that class i'll probly never beat ... they have like 15 years experience and about 80k into their car ... i just wanna push myself to my limits and have fun without risk of tickets

its discourageing though-

when your gsr swapped hatch comes in 43 seconds slower a lap than the #1 guy in your class. lol

yeah but its not like anyone will ever beat that crazy ass old guy that talks to his dog ( with the VW Rabbit )

i remember that dip shit with the lambo ( i cant spell) did real bad with a 200,000 dollar car... i hope i can run across assclowns like him when i try it!

Back