1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the F$*%!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by B18C1THatch, Feb 16, 2004.

1. B18C1THatch

B18C1THatch Junior Member

What is the best way to get a bolt out that's been stripped?? It's not stripped too bad but it's a 14mm but it's not bad enough where a 13mm would fit. It's the bottom bolt for my alternator and I need to replace it. Please HELP!!!!!!

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

go to sears and get some of those weird sockets designed to grip onto stripped bolts

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Take a torch to it, then use vise grips :)

4. Magik

Magik Senior Member

I agree...those things are awesome...I have both those and the screw set too...saved me many times...and saved a lot of cursing too! :)

Jason B)

5. h22bubbleback

h22bubbleback Senior Member

i remeber i couldnt get my axle nut off...striped the shyt out of it...i used a cutting wheel..i cut that nut to shyt....but also the end of my axle :(

6. driverunknown

driverunknown Senior Member

IMpact gun 0wns j00! I broke a breaker bar tryin to get mine off. I went to a shop and the guy took it off with his impact gun in 5 seconds for free. He wouldn't let me buy him lunch.

7. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

yeah there is no doubt that impact guns>human torque

8. Sergey P.A.

Sergey P.A. Senior Member

what I had was one bolt on my struts was fucked up, what I did, was I got a fuking hammer and something to hit this shit, it was too late to go and get the set from sears, so I had to fucking take this bolt of with a hammer and I don't know how you call the other tool, and it was a good 1 hour hamer job, lol, I was pissed, and I had to take the interionr out, lol,.

.....just get the set from Sears,

9. Canuck 93 Civic Si

Canuck 93 Civic Si Senior Member

Torch it and then hit the head sideways and off center with an air hammer. If you dont have an air hammer, then just try a regular cold chisle and a hammer. Maybe try those crazy sockets first they seem pretty neat. And be careful if you decide to use the torch. The fuel return line is just above the alternator. And remember to wear your B) or else youll see dots for a while :lol:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted