What the F$*%!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18C1THatch

What is the best way to get a bolt out that's been stripped?? It's not stripped too bad but it's a 14mm but it's not bad enough where a 13mm would fit. It's the bottom bolt for my alternator and I need to replace it. Please HELP!!!!!!

go to sears and get some of those weird sockets designed to grip onto stripped bolts

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 16 2004, 04:49 AM
go to sears and get some of those weird sockets designed to grip onto stripped bolts

I agree...those things are awesome...I have both those and the screw set too...saved me many times...and saved a lot of cursing too! :)

Jason B)

i remeber i couldnt get my axle nut off...striped the shyt out of it...i used a cutting wheel..i cut that nut to shyt....but also the end of my axle :(

IMpact gun 0wns j00! I broke a breaker bar tryin to get mine off. I went to a shop and the guy took it off with his impact gun in 5 seconds for free. He wouldn't let me buy him lunch.

what I had was one bolt on my struts was fucked up, what I did, was I got a fuking hammer and something to hit this shit, it was too late to go and get the set from sears, so I had to fucking take this bolt of with a hammer and I don't know how you call the other tool, and it was a good 1 hour hamer job, lol, I was pissed, and I had to take the interionr out, lol,.

.....just get the set from Sears,

Torch it and then hit the head sideways and off center with an air hammer. If you dont have an air hammer, then just try a regular cold chisle and a hammer. Maybe try those crazy sockets first they seem pretty neat. And be careful if you decide to use the torch. The fuel return line is just above the alternator. And remember to wear your B) or else youll see dots for a while :lol:

Back