What the glitter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 27 2004, 01:25 AM
i feel your pain homey .... was out playing in the snow in the insight tonight
went out into the baseball field at the middle school was rounding the bases on the diamond
[post=437606]Quoted post[/post]​

hhaahaaahah :lol: thats like me and my friends going down the fairway on teh local golf course.

all i know is a drive the same area as nick and in the same kind of car and i havent had a flat in years

until now that is... you;re so done...
lol

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 27 2004, 01:25 AM
especially on an insight where you need to remove the pannel and hope you dont lose one of the screws that hold it on the snow
[post=437606]Quoted post[/post]​

E, one of the car mags, I think car and driver said that they just took those skirts off in the winter because snow would get lodged up in there too easily. I would make your life alot easier.

i have driven it in a few snow storms last year and two this year and havent really had any issues with snow building up in there :shrug2:
the car just looks rediculous with the covers off :thumbsdown:

its all good.... just that much more of a reason for me to get my nokians :)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 27 2004, 12:32 PM
i have driven it in a few snow storms last year and two this year and havent really had any issues with snow building up in there :shrug2:
the car just looks rediculous with the covers off :thumbsdown:

its all good.... just that much more of a reason for me to get my nokians :)
[post=437722]Quoted post[/post]​

:) those kick ass. I have blizzaks right now and I love them. I can go through snow that is higher them my lip no problem. Only thing I have to do is get the snow out of my grill every once in a while because it blocks all the air to my radiator lol.

I just got a flat in my girlfriend's trailblazer the other day.

We were driving to my aunt's house to get together because we rarely ever see her and I was following the rest of my family, driving with my girlfriend in her car.

Don't know what I picked up but it poked a nice hole in the tire.

Within 2 minutes a Statey (state police) was pulled over to help us and called Triple A. At first we couldn't find the damn jack or lug wrench, it wasn't in any of the 3 compartments in the back. My girlfriend called her father eventually and we found it was in the rear of the car.

Triple A guy shows up with a flatbed. We didn't need a flatbed just the tire repaired and inflated. The guy told us how he didn't have a compressor or repair kit so he didn't want to have to charge us to tow us. ...this is on a Sunday.

First the damn tire was frozen on even after we had the lugs off and we didn't want to rock it to hard and drop it off the jack. Eventually we got the tired off but the cigerette lighter compressor that was in the back of the car wasn't working. ...long long story short we spent 2 hours driving around on a Sunday trying to find a place that had a repair kit or would repair the tire. We drove a half hour away from the blazer in my family's car to 6 garages before we found one that was open and had a repair kit.

The guy there was the slowest talking backass-asswards piece of trash that I had ever met. He told us that they only repaired truck tires, as in 18 wheelers. i asked him if we could just purchase a kit from him and he gave me lip about "....I WAS JUST ABOUT TO TELL YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU THAT THERES ONE RIGHT BACK THEEEEEEEEERE." My dad had to keep me from reaching over the counter and smacking the shit out of this moron. We wound up patching the tire ourselves there and filling it. Spit checking it for leaks. The repair held up great.

Back