1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What The Heck Is That Annoying Sound?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stud4u2c17, Feb 23, 2003.

1. stud4u2c17

stud4u2c17 Senior Member

I drive down the road and there is an annoying squeeeking sound... it is commin from the inside of the car and somewhere in the back... i cant tell exactly where but its only when i go over bumps or down bumpy roads... it gets very annoying and i cant figure out what it is because i work on it and it doesnt make the noise cuz im stopped... well please help if you can!!
    TJ

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

What kind of car is it?If it is a hatch,left up the hatch and look in the corners at the bottom where it meets the chassis,you should see a couple of rubber stoppers.They adjust by turning them one way or another,adjust away.It could also be your springs,mine were way fawked and made a horrible screeching noise.

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

go to the parts store and get a can od 100% sylicone lubricant spray
    spray it on all the rubber door/hatch/trunk seels you can get to
    let it sit there for a little while before closing everything up to let the sylicone seep into the rubber
    that should quiet things up
    you will need to repeat this whenever it gets squeeky

4. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

:werd: that stuff does wonders. I used the gel kind on my top, after that it was like i was driving in a minivan. No squeeks what so ever.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted