what the hell are NJ troopers doing?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wouldn't higher gearing be better for top speed?
I thought lower gearing was better for acceleration.
B tends to get his mords wixed from time to time... but yes the crown vics top out at 127mph and are geared more for acceleration than top speed... the new charger that some police depts are thinking of switching to top out "above 147" that gets me a bit worried

Yeah, those cops are probably shooting lidar. If you don't have a laser detector, radar detector won't pick it up.

As for Chargers, I know MA staties took a big order of a few Hemi interceptors. One of my fathers close friends - now the police chief in Bolton, MA took delivery of 2 V6 magnums for radar enforement, and a black unmarked Hemi interceptor. According to him, the new Hemi Charger makes Crown Vics seem like pickup trucks, in both handling and speed. 155mph is not out of the question with interceptor package Chargers.

As for Chargers, I know MA staties took a big order of a few Hemi interceptors. One of my fathers close friends - now the police chief in Bolton, MA took delivery of 2 V6 magnums for radar enforement, and a black unmarked Hemi interceptor. According to him, the new Hemi Charger makes Crown Vics seem like pickup trucks, in both handling and speed. 155mph is not out of the question with interceptor package Chargers.

yeah that seems to be the consensus... if we start getting those around here im gunna have to start behaving myself a lot more... of course a faster cop car still cant make up for the lack of driver training and ability around here (CT no longer sends officers to high performance driving schools... i have gotten away when running in my Insight... thats just sad)

aren't high gears shorter?

and low gears longer for top speed?
Generally yes, but sometimes people word it differently(they say high gear as in high-speed gear I guess....)

Numerically high ratio=short gear, vice versa. While numerical high speed=long gear.

until the cops get 911's, and actually hire someone who can drive, I'm not afraid to try to out run one.

If you think you're loosing, pull over.

When he asks why you ran, reply calmly, "ran from what? I was just speeding."

:)

Troopers up here have Ford Expeditions with 80mph governors.
It's really pathetic. I outran them in my Jeep.

That makes two points for the radio catching you

so what about the 20+ times ive outrun "the radio" in my sol and the 5 times ive outran "the radio" in my insight?????

fuck "the radio"

there's more to running than having a fast car....

its about being smart, and being able to get out of sight.

dip off an exit, bang some back roads, hide out.
cops give up way too easy.

Okay I thought we where talking about all out speed running from the cops. Now if you actually think about what you are doing then yes it is possible. I just dont have the balls for running from the cops. But I would imagine that most people that try and run do get caught one way or the other.

Get a sport bike. make sure it has a crazy paint job.

Done.

You can get away from them without even trying - And cops don't have what it takes to identify a jap sport bike, or any bike really.

"It was a brightly colored bike with a rider that wore a matching helmet"

Yeah, good luck with that.

I've been busted by that thing. Its some kinda long range radar. I was busted from about a half mile away. He clocked me at 115, then 105 then 85 and so on.... He gave me the ticket for 85, which was nice of him.

I didnt know you worked in Hackettstown mang, I work 10 more miles down. maybe we'll race on 80 one day :D What car do you commute with?

Ha, my uncle's shop is in Hackettstown.

In High School we used to do Wing Night at Charlie Brown's on every wednesday.

Where Sean and I live is the boonies, Hackettstown looks like NY city compared to East Burg :lol:

I lived in Mansfield/Port Murray area for awhile. Quiet lil town :)

Is East Burg, East Stroudsburg? In which case East S. has so much more shit than Hackettstown. Hackettstown is the fucking hills.

Back