what the hell are NJ troopers doing?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

running from the cops 101; the basics

running from the cops is not something to do lightly
you have to be able to make several observations and decisions in the frame of about 1/2 a second :
how far is the cop from you?
did he / could he see your plate?
do you know these roads?
do you know what he is comming after you for? (is it worth running?)
can you out corner a cop?
can you out accellerate a cop?
are you willing to accept how FUCKED you will be if you do not get away?
is your car plain enough to be overlooked or do you stick out like a sore fucking thumb? ie: can you blend into the woodwork when/if you get away?
and lastly can you accept that your car is going to be hunted in this area for the next few days/weeks/months? meaning you may need to stay the fuck out of dodge for a while... or at the very least find new ways of getting through that area

only after all of that are you even remotely prepared to ATTEMPT to run from a cop

trust me you do not want to be the assclown on Cops that crashed his car going around the corner and tries to get in a foot chase with the cops and their dog
or the asshole that goes flying off a bridge or through a light into an intersection only to be broadsided by a logging truck doing 45mph

E ! ! Man, I didn't know you condone such things !
well i generally do not "condone" it so to say.... as a general rule if you have to think about whether or not to run you probably shouldnt (think of it kinda like swapping an NSX engine into the back of a CRX... yes it can and has been done... but if you have to ask... you do not have the skill required to pull it off)
so please do not take what i am saying as "hey fuck it... run from the cops any time you get the chance"
what i am saying is that propperly equipped with a healthy dose of driving ability and a decent car... or a shit ton of driving ability and any car... running from the cops can be and has been done
driving ability being the most important part of that equation... (as ive said the cops in my area can not drive worth a shit... i have gotten away 5 times in the insight)... that and a set of huge nuts

and i dont want to get any calls from you dumb fucks for bail money talking about "E you told me to run" ... its your own damn fault that your sitting in jail... im not telling any of you to run.... i didnt make you do it... and i wasnt driving the car... ( if i was we would have gotten away ;) :p )

i will say though that it is a HUGE fucking rush :D :ph34r:

oh, and my lawyer wanted me to post this:

"All evasions from the cops are done so at your own risk. Hondaswap, nor it's staff encourage such a practice and cannot be held liable for your actions"

:)

i will say though that it is a HUGE fucking rush :D :ph34r:

+1
mob the jeep offroad, kill all the lights, tuck it into the trees, cruisers fly past with lights and sirens blaring, I can hear my heart in my eardrums THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP. whew!

east stroudsburg sucks ask turbomirage how much of a good job the east stroudsburgs street do on your suspension :)

o and i have out ran the cops twice and both times i know i got lucky did the same thing B said get off and exit hit a back road find a driveway and just chill :)

o and i have out ran the cops twice and both times i know i got lucky did the same thing B said get off and exit hit a back road find a driveway and just chill :)

That works when it's sort of busy. My cousin's bf did that late at night. He didn't know the neighborhood, but found a driveway. Waited for 30-40minutes...pulled out...cop right there, got him. The cop was creeping around with the lights off.

Back