what the hell happened to common courtesy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zaneithan

every night lately coming home from work, ive been blinded by assholes who cant turn off their brights, wtf happened to common courtesy on the roads :angry: :angry:

Originally posted by zaneithan@Feb 9 2004, 11:30 PM
every night lately coming home from work, ive been blinded by assholes who cant turn off their brights, wtf happened to common courtesy on the roads :angry: :angry:

:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:

Every fucking night just at dusk there's assholes all over the fucking road with their brights on. My record is 7 fucking people in one night, from 3 days ago.

i didnt count but it seemed like every fucking person had their high beams on tonight. and i dont say this just because the lights are bright, i physically saw their high beam lights on

<rant>
also trucks and suv's piss me off too. they are so damn high that the light is angled right down to your eyes, even when not on high beams.

i drive 3.5-4 hours about every other weekend to and from school. thats each way. so i get the people that ride my ass, people with bright ass lights and everything.

the thing that pisses me off the MOST, is people who ride my ass when im already 20 over the damn speedlimit on the highway, then they have the nerve to flash their highbeams at me to get me to move out of th way. i mean WTF??? whats with people. if you dont like it, you can switch lanes and go around me, ive had too many close calls with tickets so im not gonna speed up just for some asshole behind me. people like that usually get a nice break check, then they go around me all pissed off. its always worth it to see them pulled over a little ways down the road though, which has happened a few times :lol:

<rant/>

also trucks and suv's piss me off too. they are so damn high that the light is angled right down to your eyes, even when not on high beams.

:withstupid: too

Then teh assholes stop right up on your ass at a redlight with one headlight in your driver side mirror and one in the apssenger mirror, and if you're unlucky enough some overthe plow headlamps right in your middle rear view. I hate indiana. people suck here.

I need sleep.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 9 2004, 09:47 PM

:withstupid: too

Then teh assholes stop right up on your ass at a redlight with one headlight in your driver side mirror and one in the apssenger mirror, and if you're unlucky enough some overthe plow headlamps right in your middle rear view. I hate indiana. people suck here.

I need sleep.

samething here in cali. everyone and their mom has to have a lifted truck. It's not just in my lowered civic or riding in my friends lowered crx that we get blinded. I get blinded when I'm driving my moms stock height camry and those things aren't exactly that low to the ground, we at least that's how it seems to me.

anyway I heard there is going to be a new law coming out banning lifts on trucks. I guess it's not only because of people being blinded but because anyone who gets hit by one won't stand much of a chance surviving. so that will soon be the end of that problem. yay!! :woo:

Two words. Power mirrors. Those fuckers that pull up with big 4x4's with bright ass lights right behind me get a nice surprise. I rotate my mirrors by switch until they fucking blind themselves. Same to those bastards that ride in my blind spot. They don't stay there for long, don't know why. :shrug2:

Its called the sweet spot. I only purposly do it when some one is driving way too slow, under the speed limit for no reason (snow, rain, etc). Its really easy to get the right headlight lined up to the rear view mirror and the left into the side mirror. My old truck which had a factory lift (wasn't too high) was the perfect height for doingthis.

Originally posted by tab@Feb 10 2004, 12:14 AM
Two words. Power mirrors. Those fuckers that pull up with big 4x4's with bright ass lights right behind me get a nice surprise. I rotate my mirrors by switch until they fucking blind themselves. Same to those bastards that ride in my blind spot. They don't stay there for long, don't know why. :shrug2:

i've thought about it, but then as I'm trying to angle them right I'm blinding myself and missing green lights...afterwards when I'm trying to change lanes my mirrors are showing me the tops of the trees.

As much as I hate being blinded, it gives me 864x the joy to blind them with their own shit.

Jeef, you contributed to blinding people? you make me sick...

how do you know when you're blindin them just right with the side mirrors though?
or do you just keep switchin it up until you think you got it right?

Originally posted by tab@Feb 10 2004, 12:21 AM
As much as I hate being blinded, it gives me 864x the joy to blind them with their own shit.

Doesn't work, I have had people try it. If they did I would just turn on the highbeams.

Its not something I just do for the hell of it. Its the same thing as if you were highbeaming someone for driving like a jack ass. You know you have them when you can see their face in the rearview mirror and you get the finger. In my old truck the headlights were misaligned from the factory, so my headlights blinded peoplewithout me trying. I used to have to drive off to the side or far back not to blind people until 3 trips to the dealer finally got them to fix it.

Most people aren't smart enough to switch from high to low and back. Switching to low beams accomplishes what we want. If your lights stop bouncing back into your eyes, they're not blinding me either. If you don't move them, you blind yourself. Either way, I'd win. If you were to keep switching back and forth trying to blind me, I believe my cell phone would be dialed. Most people just accelerate and pass you with anger. :rant: That makes my heart sing. I am very mild mannered, but I have a Jedi-Like dark side. :ph34r:

just swerve into their lane. after you get in a head on crash and almost die... explain to the court that you couldn't see cuz he had his high beams on.

sue for millions, live happpily ever after.

"negligence"'

gotta love america

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 10 2004, 01:16 AM
just swerve into their lane. after you get in a head on crash and almost die... explain to the court that you couldn't see cuz he had his high beams on.

sue for millions, live happpily ever after.

"negligence"'

gotta love america

shame i wouldnt get millions out of the poor redneck scumbags around here :(

Back