what the hell is this?????????????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mustbenu

i have a crx but my engine is from a 93 civic d15b8. now the reason i ask what this is is because the regualar crx engines dont have it. i am swapping a b16 into my crx. when i went to plug everything up there was the plug left over from that thing in the picture. my question is, do i just leave the plug hanging or cut it off ? will it make a difference if its not there. i hope i dont have to source a crx wiring harness

will it mess up the wiring to the ecu

MVC-014F.JPG

im probably really wrong but for some reason i remember someone saying automatic cars came with that thing.... but i dont know what it is.

yup im wrong i think that was for like b16s... i wouldnt trip about it... i have a extra plug in my harness too. it plugs into the map sensor but i already have something pluged there so.... F it.

no you are right it is off of a automatic car i saw one yesterday and said what the hell is this also.

u basically dont connect anything to it, just leave it hanging, and no egr valves came on the 1gen tegs ( 85-89 ?) and the crx hf, so it doesnt necessarly have to be an automatic. but ive done the swap and u just leave it haning and dont trip over it.

my buddys 92 vx had that, when i put on a sohcvtec head and intake manifold on it i just didn't even worry bout a thing, i left that plug unplugged, runs fine

Its the EGR valve. There is also a vaccuum line that goes to it. Just cap of the vac line, and leave it disconnected. However, you wont be able to pass VISUAL emissions inspection without it.

just get the IM for the b16a w/ manual tranny if you want to pass visual. I've got one and will sell it to you for 30 plus shipping.

im not sure what that is... but i know its for the automatic swap. i had one on my b18a1 in a 90 teg. we pulled the motor and i wound up just switching intake manis. but i suppose you could use that one and not use the plug. so either way you will be ok.

That thing looks like an exaust gas recurculation valve(EGRvalve) all it does is takes unburned gas out of the exaust and puts it back into the engine, its just for improving emisions, i would pull it off and make yourself a blockoffplate, but be sure to seal it well and b sure there is no lines open when u remove it, it wont hurt anything taking it off

DUDEs its not a secret any more, looks like an egr valve connects like an egr valve... its and EGR valve. ;) and dude up^ there just described what it does to a T not needed if you dont have smog laws

Back