What thickness head gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheese9988

VIP
I found a guy that sells copper hg's. I installed better pistons, but they lowered my compression to about 9.1:1. What thickness would be good to bring my compression ratio back to where it was, or maybe even higher (don't know if either are possible). I am doing a turbo later, I will put in a stock thickness when I go and put that in. It looks like he sells them in sizes from .016 to .125 (not sure if inches or mm??). Its a dohc zc btw.

Quoted post[/post]]
I found a guy that sells copper hg's. I installed better pistons, but they lowered my compression to about 9.1:1. What thickness would be good to bring my compression ratio back to where it was, or maybe even higher (don't know if either are possible). I am doing a turbo later, I will put in a stock thickness when I go and put that in. It looks like he sells them in sizes from .016 to .125 (not sure if inches or mm??). Its a dohc zc btw.

Well if you're going turbo later, you want your compression ratio to stay low, so go with a thicker hg.
As for what thickness, use a compression calculator where you can vary the hg thickness. This will give
you an idea of what compression you will be running with the varying thickness.

It may not be for a couple years that I add the turbo. So I would like to use a thinner hg at the moment.

Back