What Timeshould i be running W this setup?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shaneb

I have a b16 head w/portflow valve train,valve job,
ctr cams
stock cam gears,
stock gsr header
itr bottem end
itr manifold,
rmp TB 64mm,
In a 91 Hatch dx w/azens tires 15' in
2 1\2 strait piping all the way back w/ez muffler
b16 s1 tranny

honestly no one can tell you what you will run. theres too many factors that will come into play. a big one being altitude. higher you are, the slower you will run. theres countless other factors to take into consideration basically, just spend the 20 bucks, and go to the track and find out for yourself.

and to add a bit of advice, get a better header. having an OEM header on a setup like that is just gonna hold it back. think of an engine as a big air pump. air is sucked in then it is pushed out. the whole system can only work as good as the weakest part. in your case the weakest part is the header. DCsports JDM headers with the 2.5" would be good and arent too expensive. the real 98spec JDM ITR header would suit you nicely as well. or if you have the cash to shell out 1000+ on a header, take a look at SMSP and Hytech, their headers will give you the most gains, its all about the $$.

changing rods and crank really wont do that much, you will lose some displacement. and i think that the b20 pistons wont fit on the itr rods without some modification.

if you want it to be reliable, just build it right. ive seen b20vtec's rev to nearly 9k with all stock sized parts. just build it right, use quality parts, dont skimp out on anything and you should be good. check out the faq for some more infor on the b20vtec conversion

you have an ITR bottom end why would you want to get rid of that its already one of the best bottom ends why waste it

Originally posted by shaneb@Jan 23 2004, 12:38 PM
itr bottem end just dosn't seem to have much power! I wont to be able to go low 12's or high 11's w/o the car being gutted ..........in a 91 hatch dx

High 11's? Get a turbo, dude. You aren't going to be running those times with full interior, nor are you likely to run those times all motor unless you do some serious building.

If you want to get into the low 12's - high 11's. You have to do so major building like what dohch22a4 said.

Get your block sleeved and punch your block out to 84.5 - 85mm,

SMSP header, or a custom drag header, a lot more aggressive cams ( try some JUN 3's, or Toda C's)

Also it is all about power to weight ratio, get some lighten doors and hatch. I know that made a huge difference on my car when I did them.

You have some building to do if you want those number and it is going to cost you some $$$.

Good luck man.

Originally posted by lostsol@Jan 27 2004, 09:30 AM
you have stock cam gears, and skunk stage 2's... IMO that is absolutly retarded.

agreed...

azenis do suck for drag..wrap those 15's with slicks..ull be amazed at time difference

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 27 2004, 10:47 AM
all motor... the expensive way to go slow.

very FEW all motor cars will ever see an 11 sec pass.

Tell Bisi that.................lol!!!!!

you gotta get it on a dyno to tune the gears, only way.

like stated above, it is very subjective to what times you should be running.

like i stated above you could be hitting 12's if you ride was gutted and with slicks.

I ran 14.3 with a stock longlbock SiR1 motor

then 13.3 with a stock longblock SiR2 motor with slicks

you have the potential, why not just go to the track and find out homie

Back