What tires are better?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah falkins are cheep and not a terrible everyday tire unless you try to drift your car a lot flat spots suck ass

i got my s-03's 195/50/15 for cheap ass hell from tirerack.com

Tire opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. I am one of the kumhos are good for the money people.

Yes the falkens wear quicker but that would tell me that thats because they are gripping extremely well! Yes my falkens on the front are bald but I still liked them! I will never own Kumhos. The falkens are also good in the rain. I look in my rear view and the road looks dry behind me in the tire tracks. Also the falkens are really quiet because of that micro beading or whatever its called that they do!

Originally posted by knowledge@Oct 17 2002, 04:36 AM
Yes the falkens wear quicker but that would tell me that thats because they are gripping extremely well!

Not necessarily... you can have a crappy slippery tire that still wears quickly. Rubber compound composition has a LOT to do with how grippy a tire is. My S-03s have a lot more grip than my buddy's RE730s, but they lasted 10k miles longer.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Oct 17 2002, 07:50 AM
Are you talking about falkens in general or a specific model?

I believe it is all Falkens. But don't quote me! Go to their site and read about it! My Falkens are bald as hell(surprised cord aint showing yet) And are still quite quiet considering the baldness!

How many miles did you put on them before they went bald? What model Falken are you running?

I had the doo doo ziex but my toe was out 3.4! They went bald after about 2 months of hard driving. Then I got my alignment and one year later I am still rolling on the tires. Once I got the alignment done it was all good! I just waited way way way too long to get it done!

whew, those are pricey, i'm thinking of getting the toyo ts-1 proxies, they're about the same price as those S-03's

i got the 195/50TR15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910.. there a all season tire but i live in minnesota so i need em.

Originally posted by B16@Oct 21 2002, 05:35 PM
whew, those are pricey, i'm thinking of getting the toyo ts-1 proxies, they're about the same price as those S-03's

For the same amount of cash, I'd rather run the S-03s. :D

Back