what tires for this yr?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

driver1

I need to buy new tires for this season. They will be 205/50/16's going on my 16" rota circuit 8's. The three choices I have narrowed it down to are the yokohama avs es100's (which i already have and ran last season and liked them quite a bit. The other two options would be the bridgestone potenza pole position s03's, or the bfgoodrich g-force ta kd's. All are a very good tire from what i understand and from what ive experienced with the yoko's. I got my es100's last yr for something like 80 bucks a tire, but i havent price checked the other two options to see if they are in the same price range. I probably wont consider them if they are real far off price wise. Remember I get wholesale prices on everything so any prices online or whatever will prob vary some from what i will actually pay. Just wanted to see what you guys thought would be the best option out of these 3.

Thanks
Matt

edit: i also was considering the azenis btu im not sure theyll wear as well as id like them to. Also all of these tires are going to be just street tires.

I ran Azenis last year and they lasted great.... unless you are spinning your tires alot

but if you can get those other tires for cheap then that takes away some of what makes the azenis so great... that they are affordable

Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position
Size: 205/50WR16
Price: $154

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2
Price: $117

Yokohama AVS ES100
Price: $81

i'm sorry, but i can' justify the $40 extra per tire on the so3's.

are they a decent tire, sure... but are they worth $120 bucks for a set? i dont think so.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 20 2005, 11:01 PM
Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position
Price: $154

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2
Price: $117

Yokohama AVS ES100
Price: $81

i'm sorry, but i can' justify the $40 extra per tire on the so3's.

are they a decent tire, sure... but are they worth $120 bucks for a set? i dont think so.
[post=476284]Quoted post[/post]​

thnaks B, I think ill probably go with the bfg's although for the price i beleive the yoko's are a great value. but i want to try something different this yr. also you guys know the treadwear and traction rating on the kdw 2's?

Back