1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to build on my b16a2

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by bunkrd you, Jul 8, 2011.

1. bunkrd you

bunkrd you New Member

I'm planning on picking up a b16a2 with tranny that was pulled from a 00 and put it into my 00 civic coupe dx. Currently I have the 1.6l and was wondering where to start so far I was think a stage 2 clutch with lightened flywheel, turbo kit and run 8psi. Im pretty set on those two but only have enough in budget to either run new pistons and rods, or a new crank shaft and cam gears. Realistically if I decided to build the motor with the clutch, turbo at 8 psi, cam gears, crank shaft, pistons and rods where would that put me for estimated hp. Also if I did do pistons and rods would the other internals be okay with running a slightly higher compression ratio? Basically all in all I would like so guidence before I start building the motor. My goal is to around 250-280 hp if that helps any. If that is completely out of the question feel free to redirect me as needed. Thanks in advanced.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted