What to buy what to buy.................

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Top of my list has been a BMW 325 or 330CI. Look around the bmw forums it seems that they do have their share of issues. lots of them. sigh.... so now Im starting to think about other cars.

anyone want to toss up some cars that would make for a great DD to replace my 98 Civic LX?

Trying to keep the car under 26k

keep in mind I still have my Z. so that rules out 2 seaters.

i dont know where you're gonna find luxury for under 26k.. unless you plan on going used.. in that case.. go with g35 sedan..

Quoted post[/post]]
i dont know where you're gonna find luxury for under 26k.. unless you plan on going used.. in that case.. go with g35 sedan..

No doubt, used is the way to go. if I did a G35 I'd have to do a coupe and being that I already own a 350Z...

Thinking.

BMW 325/330CI (worried about the car holding up)
IS300. kinda crappy MPG and you cant seem to find one that has a standard. damn autos!.
TL nice car but not as nice as a 325/330. over all a pretty nice car. "blah FWD" but still nice.

How about a legacy GT?
alt03.jpg

I'm fond of the Jaguar X-type, but maybe I'm crazy.
025948.1-lg.jpg

Saab 9-2, you get the WRX drivetrain in a better looking package.
9-2%201.jpg

Volve s40.
s40t56g2004-1.jpg

Acura TL.
acura_TL_A_spec.jpg

Acura TSX.
2006.acura.tsx.jpg

Saab 9-3
Saab%209-3%20Sport%20Sedan%202002%20-%201024x768.jpg

And Finally...

oh hell yeah...
CM%20Touring%204%20Sale%20230905.jpg

I like the TL. My mom's BF had one and i forget its FF sometimes.

He has an RL-SH now...holy crap, now thats a car...i took a turn that i usually take at 25 doing 50 and the car just STUCK. No body roll, no nothing, just ON THE FUCKING GROUND POWER. But its a lil outa your price range.

The legacy GT is nice, but i dont like the interior...same problem the evo has (and i love the evo) the interior just feels cheap.

330ci has chick appeal. as much as id like to think think chicks would dig a 350z over a 330ci, it just doesnt work that way. They like the badge.

Have you thought about getting a truck? Dodge Ram SLT (only one with a decent interior and exterior)

Saabs are decent car, but having the key by the hand brake freaks me out.

Maybe an Audi A4?

MazdaSPEED6. Good DD. Decent fuel at 19/25

Only others i got are Scion TC and werd to the Volvo S40...i just love the S40.

Legacy LGT + TBE + reflash = Runs with STi and gets better mileage, plus it has luxury. This car is the second coming of Subaru and the next big wave for anyone who's over 25 years old.

S40 t5. Its a volvo, you can't go wrong. Luxuries there, drive comfort there, performance is there, and safety is there.

Acura TSX. Hot looking car, solid drivetrain, honda reliability.

'06 Civic Si. I would normally never mention a civic, but my coworker just bought one and its N-I-C-E.

Jaguar X-Type. Jag luxury, AWD handling, quick car.

None of the WRX's, or Saab wagons - because there's no luxury there and its just not what you're looking for.

Quoted post[/post]]
legacy GT.

the ONLY new subaru to buy.

You say lots of stupid stuff when it comes to preconceived notions about cars. :laugh:

Every new subaru is the one to buy. The WRX is a completely different car and even the stock trim is becoming a performance monster as of '06+. The FXT is an awesome sports wagon and about the only thing that can even begin to compete for daily driving duties, sporty ride, and space, as the WRX/Saab wagons. Looks like they have the wagon market on lock. The Impreza 2.5i is selling really, really well - so there must be something right there.

I (as with most of the country) has no use for a truck, well I take that back, once maybe twice a year I could use one. but for MPG in the teens.... no thanks. I'd much rather buy an MDX.

I looked into the subis, I think they've come along way. but if I do a subi I know myself and I would have to do an STI.

TL is nice.
A4... had a 96 and was using a loaded 03. I could get the 03 with a 3.0 and 6 speed for dirt cheap, too bad its an A4... I've thought about the S4 but I dont want to mess with it.

Jag has crossed my mind, then I remember my friends car that is a total pita to work on, on top of that can you say FORD. no thanks.

Civic..... wrong class.

Volvo isnt to shabby but I like the 9-2/3 more. that's an option.

For some reason the IS300 is standing out more and more to me. I just wish it was able to get better mpg. =(

If my Civic sells this weekend Im going to be buying a car either this weekend or next. unless I can't find jack. then I'll just wait till something shows up.

IS300 is a great car...but youd already mentioned it...thats why i didnt. if you find one in a standard i think your gonna be sold. I drove an auto (cause youre right, the standards DONT EXIST) and if i had the cash i probably woulda bought it.

Back