What to buy what to buy.................

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
BUUUTT...THE IS300 is called what in the rest of the world? TOYOTA Altezza ring any bells?

How bout the GS300? Most people thinks Nob Taniguchi (sp) drives a GS300, but look closer. its a TOYOTA Aristo.

Dont toy with yourself. Saying a Lexus isnt an uppercrest toyota is like saying Jaguar is not an uppercrest ford.

yeah, i know that, im just saying as of right now, if you were to get a NEW lexus in japan, it would be exactly that, a Lexus, now a GS in the US is a GS in japan.

and im sure youve sat in plenty of lexus' and the build quality is so far above and beyond toyotas its not even funny. if you get in a scion its pretty obvious its a toyota, but sit down in an RX330 and it feels NOTHING like a toyota.

thats a step that nissan/infiniti hasnt taken, the G35 still feels like a nice nissan.

honda/acura is starting to get there, the new RL doenst feel like a honda, but the TSX still screams honda.

lexus hasnt been build like toyotas since the introduction of the LS and IS. granted the ES250 was CLEARLY a toyota, now its no comparison.

Quoted post[/post]]
Turbo IS w/ supra tranny for $27,000

EDIT: guess they arent as rare as everyone (including myself) thought... allthough none of those have factory nav.

Good fucking god. I am so glad I didn't know that the IS 300 came in stick, and I didn't know of that car for sale on ebay.

I would have been arrested or dead, or worse... one then the other.

Good mother of god. Thats all I have to say. I could cream for that sex machine.

cadillac cts would be a well-priced, well-optioned car. FR drivetrain, good handlying, comfort, and the possibility of a corvette engine swap down the road......

Quoted post[/post]]
cadillac cts would be a well-priced, well-optioned car. FR drivetrain, good handlying, comfort, and the possibility of a corvette engine swap down the road......

nah, its american. also if Im going to mod anything its going to be my 350Z. Single turbo is calling my name. anywho.

I've looked at a few 3 series.. still nothing. the TSX is looking better and better. I can get a new one for under 30K or a used one for 20-25K.

Im not a fan of it being a low on power inline 4, even more so that it has a timing belt. but the MPG isnt bad.

Im still not sure. I need to find an IS300 to test drive.

IS300s are good...but in auto mode there is no power. i drove a friend of mine's yesterday and i about yanked the shifter out when i couldnt accelerate. Manual mode isnt much better but at least you have some sort of power.

S40 T5 r teh HOTNESS...Evolve Kit FTFW!!

finding a standard is a difficult proposition though.

go down there and talk to them, from all my experiences with lexus, if they know you are serious, they will find one for you to test-drive.

Quoted post[/post]]
go down there and talk to them, from all my experiences with lexus, if they know you are serious, they will find one for you to test-drive.

yeah and you also can't talk down your price on a car they know you want but can't find.

For the money they will mark the IS300 up to I'd rather buy something else.

If I can find out at a dealership I can then test drive it and if I like it get a good price.

In the end I still can't get over the 26mpg highway. :mad:

hahahaha, you have several valid points there that i have no rebuttal to.

especially with the MPG, my buddy is lucky to pull 20-22mpg, and his is tuned.

Back