What To Buy?

rims or hood?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my friends 17's weigh 14 pounds... they are nice and look phat as hell on his hatch... they look like spoons

i say get the rims.

17s look damn good on a Civic. 15s and 16s look to fookin small if you ask me

umm... there is nothing wrong with 17s on a civc. I have them on my 95 coupe. they fit fine, and the weight difference between comparable 16s is minimal. why put 16s when they look weak. I'm all about performance, but im also about not having my car look like shit. adding 10 or less more pounds isn't a big deal for a street car.

just my 2 cents.

That's funny, seeing as how my friend has 17's on his Civic, and they hit the wheel well when he turns, even after he rolled it with a bat.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Jan 8 2003, 07:57 PM
That's funny, seeing as how my friend has 17's on his Civic, and they hit the wheel well when he turns, even after he rolled it with a bat.

he must have the wrong offset because on my 97 Civic when i had 17s on it, they never rubbed and i was tuckin damn near rim with my coilovers cranked all the way down

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp+Jan 8 2003, 08:15 PM-->
Afipunk21
@Jan 8 2003, 07:57 PM

he must have the wrong offset because on my 97 Civic when i had 17s on it, they never rubbed and i was tuckin damn near rim with my coilovers cranked all the way down

Hmm, weird...he has Eibach Sportlines, no swap--fronts not lowered. He has gunmetal Tenzo R Mean 6 or something like those.

i have a buddy that has a hatch just like mine and he wants me to do it up they way he did his. the fucker has racing heart cp10 that are 18's. his never rub. are cars look a like and so do we it's kinda funny

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jan 8 2003, 07:50 PM
I'm all about performance, but im also about not having my car look like shit. adding 10 or less more pounds isn't a big deal for a street car.

for every pound you take off for the wheels, it "frees up" 10 lbs of force from the engine. Dropping 10 lbs from the wheels would be like shaving 100 lbs from the car. Read the article about weight (part 2 has info about this)

what do you guys think about the rota subzero's? i can get a set for around 560 bucks.. good price or no? *in 17's*

Yeah it's a good deal. They're nice looking wheels. Buy em.

Originally posted by Afipunk21+Jan 8 2003, 08:50 PM-->
Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jan 8 2003, 08:15 PM
Afipunk21
@Jan 8 2003, 07:57 PM

Hmm, weird...he has Eibach Sportlines, no swap--fronts not lowered. He has gunmetal Tenzo R Mean 6 or something like those.

rubbing depends on tire size too.

rota subzeros are definitely nice.

Back