What to do and shopping list

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

treimche

Ok here's my deal. I have a 91 DX hatchback that's going to be the project car. I just bought a complete 94 Integra LS to use for all the parts. I just want to get a complete list of parts and wiring I'm going to need to get the B18 to fit and work properly in the hatch. I'm planning on buying the expensive HASport mount kit and cable/hydro conversion kit, and will also buy their shift linkages. I'm actually going to be using a hydro B16 tranny w/ this motor. I know I need to bang in the driver's side of the engine bay to clear the alternator, and if I read correctly, I'll just use the axles off of the Integra. Exhaust is no problem, that will be custom anyways. Wiring is most of my concern, I just need to know what ecu and what wiring needs to be done so this all works perfectly. Also is there other stuff from the Integra that I could use, such as suspension, seats, etc etc? Thanks!

Gee, thanks for the help. So I searched using the words "b18b civic" and went through 10 pages of posts and didn't learn much at all. Most of what I learned was: 1. most times when someone asks a swap question, they are told to search. 2. most people are swapping b18a motors in, not the b18b, 3. I will need 90-93 Integra axles, 4. I will need to change to OBD0 and use the OBD0 distributor, and 5. I will need a 90-91 Integra ECU. And maybe a few other things. I don't know if this stuff is all correct, but that's what I've got so far from searching. Is this going to be worth my time and money to do this particular swap? Or should I sell this EF and buy a 92-95 hatchback since everything drops right in and plugs in from my donor car?

Congrats, you figured it out by searching. Thats it. Besides the conversion to OBD0, its easy as pie to do the LS swap. Hell, if you dont want to convert, just sell the engine you have now, and buy a 90-91 b18b and swap that in. The OBD0 LS motor is plug and play if you have the right mounts/SL.

engine swaps 101

its under the swap articles section, if you have questions go to the swap articles section and read through all the posts, there are several posts under that section that should help you out a lot, if those articles still cant help you, then ask for help

Originally posted by droppedcrxsi@May 4 2005, 01:58 AM
I have a swap how to on my site, as well as a shopping list for parts... Also, you need to convert that dx to mpfi... www.rywire.com :D
[post=494826]Quoted post[/post]​

I forgot about that. :p
very good information also on his website

Back