What to do electronicly for my turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MoparMick

So i have a t-25... im in need of a manifold and would like to know what intercooler would run good ( i can use the GSX side mount the guy said hed give it to me) i would like to know what i have to do to my stock computer or w/e u wanna call it in order to put a turbo on and mannage it... and how easly dose and engine man. system go in and how much are they???

what size....? and will this new ecu work on a y8 motor because some one said they will just giv me the one they have laying aorund

oh ... if i decide not to thorugh the y8 in my car will a y8 crank fit in my y7 block? and will it make a differance?

crank is the same thing. no use in changing it.

injector size, i'd recommend 450's. more than enough, and easy to tune on.

and yes, the p28 will work on the y8

alright thanks... couple more questions...for the 450 injectors, what kind of fuel rail and pump should i look for... or do those now matter... and will this new ECU plug right into my stock plug or will i have ot change that... and i just randomly came a cross this stuff called devcon.. http://www.devcon.com/techinfo/108.pdf if you have heard of it, is it a good idea or no? thanks..

stock rail is fine.

pump, walbro in tank 255 is a popular and cheap option that works well (90 bucks ish)

as for the devcon, the only person i know who ran it ended up blowing up. so who knows. might not even have been related.... but for a t25, its not worth your time. you'll run out of turbo long before your block is at its limits.

ok now... since i have the option of going wiht a DOHC V-Tec or a SOHC y8 what should i do?? i figured with the computer telling the cam to switch on the V-tec wouldnt it mess up ur timing and EMS settings or somthing? i head to just rebuild the head with performance parts on the SOHC but what do you guys think?

dohc > sohc anyway you look at it... but if you're already this far into teh y8, might as well just stick with it, and put the b-series into something else, or sell it for a profit.

cams don't 'switch'. a set of lost motion assemblies lock in to the larger lobe profile to move the valves differently.

the p28 will still run a dohc, as its the burned map that runs it, not the stock program.

Back