What to do next w/o changing to turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

acurizo

My 99 civic SI is Jackson supercharged, I/H/E, AEM fuel pressure regulator, Hondata, 450 injectors, 12lbs boost. I'm used to naturally aspirated and so I wander on stock internals what should I do next to gain power? I was thinking MSD ignition, cams,timing gears, and accessory pulleys maybe. Would that improve much with a proper tune? I want to do every possible thing I can before maybe tearing it down to do ls/vtec later. What do you guys think?

you wont gain a thing off cam gears w/ stock cams
you won't gain a thing off msd igniton at your power level
you can't change your pulleys, because you have a jackson pulley, and doing so is not a good idea in the first place.

I would do:
GSR cams
full 3" exhaust
kamikaze header w 2.5" collector

then save for the ls bottom end with some goo internals.

Quoted post[/post]]
id sell all that overpriced bullshit, go turbo and make some real power.
I was thinking about that when I do the LS bottom end. For now it runs great,relable and I can still hang with most any car. I'm not trying to build a weekend drag car just trying to add horsepower where I can for now.

Quoted post[/post]]
you wont gain a thing off cam gears w/ stock cams
you won't gain a thing off msd igniton at your power level
you can't change your pulleys, because you have a jackson pulley, and doing so is not a good idea in the first place.

I would do:
GSR cams
full 3" exhaust
kamikaze header w 2.5" collector

then save for the ls bottom end with some goo internals.
Have the kamikaze header, only 2.5'' exhaust though. GSR cams better then the ITR ones then?

Back