1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do?? smoking

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by importstyle, Nov 4, 2003.

1. importstyle

importstyle Senior Member

Hey guys i am driving my civic everyday.... and i drive it pretty hard like most of us racers out here........ and at high rpms my motor smokes really bad i dont know what it is........ it is a white smoke.... and i am almost 99% sure that it is burning oil considering i put a pint in about every month....... so i need to know what to do???? and how much it will cost me thanks

2. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

white smoke means coolant or water burnin, check for a blown head gasket. a pint of oil isn't bad at all.

3. gocivicls

gocivicls Senior Member

4. 2000SS

2000SS Junior Member

92civicb18b1 could be right about a blown head gasket, but usually that would me a loss of power as well. A "pint" of oil isn't bad at all, even a new car will burn up a little oil and sometimes up to a quart every 3000-4000 miles if the car is driven hard. If you don't have any noticable loss of power, could be a mildly burnt piston ring. You will be able to drive your car for a long while with a burnt piston ring, but it will just continue to consume oil. Try adding a quart of lucas oil to it. Years ago i had a 1987 sterling (acura motor) and at the 150,000 mile mark it would burn up 2 quarts every two weeks. It used to smoke like crazy. I put a couple quarts of lucas in it and i kid you not the son bitch went past the 200,000 mile mark when i thought it was on its last leg and it stopped smoking.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted