what to do to a stock gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tip

i have a complete stock gsr swap i am about to swap and i have about $1000 to spend on upgrades. The car already has complete sus., exhaust, and looks. Just taking a few opinions of what you would do with a grand and a stock gsr..?

not much. if you have the ability, id change to cast pistons and rods, but after that, id just save your money for a turbo kit.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
r u going turbo or all motor

don't exactly know at this time. Maybe either or.........
well if you don't know, get something that will benefit you either route you take. Like a Intake Manifold, Springs and Retainers, ect...you get the point.

well put it like this i like the thought of a lot of power for the cheapest amount= turbo. But i don't want to spend money on the turbo set up and blow it after a year. The car will be a d.d. not with a lot of miles but still will be a d.d. and weekend warrior from time to time........

You're the guy who wanted me to sell you that built golden eagle b16 shortblock for like $100, and pitched a fit when i wouldn't, aren't you...

A turbo is gonna run you around $3k to do everything RIGHT...

most power for cheapest amount = nitrous. Go ahead and buy yourself a bottle.

Quoted post[/post]]
You're the guy who wanted me to sell you that built golden eagle b16 shortblock for like $100, and pitched a fit when i wouldn't, aren't you...

A turbo is gonna run you around $3k to do everything RIGHT...

most power for cheapest amount = nitrous. Go ahead and buy yourself a bottle.

a few different people use my computer from time to time so i guess it may have been one of them if it was under my name because i have no idea what the hell your talking about. but no one has been using my shit for about 6 months now so if it was in that time period then you have the wrong person. And further more i think about the only time i posted anything to you was by mistake and i meant it for the other guy out there in west tx

Id go with mild cams/springs/retainers and an intake manifold. Just like B16Racer said, get someting that

will benefit you either way you go.

programmable ecu(crome, hondata whatever) header, intake, springs,cams for around a 1000 if you go "lower" budget

i had a stock b16 at one time sent the head off got it p&p then got some skunk2 stage 2 cams, springs retainers,and a blox intake manifold spent 1200 bucks kept the stock bottom end and made 191whp
that is good little setup you might pull a little more power out of a gsr though.....

have you bought a new clutch, W/O pumps,timing belt?...if not start there....if so then i would P&P, IM and an EMS....then tune on a dyno....

Quoted post[/post]]
have you bought a new clutch, W/O pumps,timing belt?...if not start there....if so then i would P&P, IM and an EMS....then tune on a dyno....

no i have not got the w/o pumps, timing belt, or clutch yet but that may not be coming out of my grand. And on that topic though what brand w/o pumps, timing belt, or clutch do you guys think i should go with and why. Also what about a lite fly wheel, plug wires, and aluminum radiator........would you do these upgrades or go towards the head...? Keep in mind more money will be in hand later to do more upgrades and i am not looking for the fastest way to power but the safest and most reliable way to power.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

no i have not got the w/o pumps, timing belt, or clutch yet but that may not be coming out of my grand. And on that topic though what brand w/o pumps, timing belt, or clutch do you guys think i should go with and why. Also what about a lite fly wheel, plug wires, and aluminum radiator........would you do these upgrades or go towards the head...? Keep in mind more money will be in hand later to do more upgrades and i am not looking for the fastest way to power but the safest and most reliable way to power.
I would go with OEM as far as the Water and Oil Pumps go and the same with the T-Belt. Go with NGK PLugs and either NGK or Sumitomo Wires. An aluminum radiator isn't a must, it's up to you if you like. I haven't had any experience with any of the Aluminum Light Weight Flywheels but I have a Type R Flywheel on my car and it's about 6 or 7 lbs lighter than a stock one. I love it. For your clutch, I personally would go with Exedy but you can't go wrong with an ACT set up either. I've heard a couple horror stories about Clutch Masters but a few people I know like them.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
programmable ecu(crome, hondata whatever) header, intake, springs,cams for around a 1000 if you go "lower" budget
why would you suggest a header and an intake when those items become obselete if he goes turbo?
word, but he could go with cheap ebay headers and build himself some itbs. then he could build a plenum later on if he turbos it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
why would you suggest a header and an intake when those items become obselete if he goes turbo?
word, but he could go with cheap ebay headers and build himself some itbs. then he could build a plenum later on if he turbos it.

I can say 100% i will not be builing any itb's because it will never turn completely into a race car. Thanks for the idea but i will not be putting that kind of time and money into the car. Even if i do turbo it , it will not be over about 15 lbs of boost.

Back