What to do to an F22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skyrckt337

I have a 92 Accord with an F22. It has 289K miles and has been meticulously maintained. I am wondering what I can do to create a little umph. I have heard that F22s have cylinder walls that are too thin to accommodate the increased pressures generated by turbo charging, but, I have also seen that the 8.8:1 compression makes them perfect and they perform well under boost. Can someone shed some light on this topic for me, including comments about the mileage of the car. Also, what other modifications should i make if I am to achieve good performance and maintain reliability? Thanks for your help.

I'm not on this part of the Honda swap forums very often, so I'm not sure what kind of Accord people are here. You may want to check out CB7tuner.com - 4th Generation Accord Online Community. The kids over there have some serious F22a/b (not so much the c) H22 knowledge, cause that's mostly what the CB7 kids do. I personally have had no interest in boosting my 276k F22a6 but there are plenty of people that have.

boost it!! seriously you can make some really decent power out of that car for a really decent price and still have a great reliable daily driver.... 15lbs of boost on that stock block, use a 1st gen DSM turbo manifold with a 14b turbo, 450cc DSM injectors.... get a good tune and have a really fun car... check out this link and also sign up on to that forum, very knowledgable ppl (vrs. here persay) and they know the ins and outs of these cars.... GOOD LUCK!!!

turbo installation instructions - CB7Tuner Forums

Back