1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what to do with a large cargo area...

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by wcjuggalette, Dec 10, 2003.

1. wcjuggalette

wcjuggalette Junior Member

I was thinking that since i drive a wagon and its too heavy to go fast i would just take out the back seats and fill the cargo area with subs. i may not win a race at the track but ill kick a$$ at the db drags.

2. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

naw man, make a sleeper!!!

3. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

A Db Sle3Per!!!

I'm with the starter of the thread. spend lots of money and make it slower but louder. Although Bl6 has a point, that would be a cool sleeper.

4. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

get the new SoloBaric SPL 18"

Recommended RMS = 5,000watts
    Recommended Peak = 10,000watts

Recommended 10 cubic foot sealed box.

$1500

5. cointelpro

cointelpro Senior Member

holy apple sauce batman thats a huge box for one sub. BOOOOOOM

6. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

if it is an accord wagon.. h22 that shit, there is one around here that tore me a new, one and gave my buddy a run for his money too... if it is a civic wagon... B16 that shit or ZC it.

7. zc_hatch

zc_hatch Senior Member

get a 32"audiobahn, the reps of audiobahn had one at a industry show a while back ago, and it was amazing

8. '90ShowCRX

'90ShowCRX Junior Member

The Solo X 18" Kicker is loud, very loud...and the 10ft^3 is only for a Vented box...and with that enclosure, you wont be able to play music out of it "as so Kicker says." But man...dont go with an Audiobahn 32", because its big yes, but it just doesnt have the motor/voice coil constuction to be that loud for its size...in other words, it just wont hold up...

If you want loud...just go with 4 Solobaric 15" L7's in a vented box tuned at around 40-50hz, or if you want street bass tune it too 30-35hz...

I would put a US Amps DE 1000 on each one of them...

Just a thought,
    Brandon

;)

9. dvus1

dvus1 Senior Member

now thats a good idea there.... <_<
    show some pictures of the big Behemoth.... :D

10. cointelpro

cointelpro Senior Member

personally i am partial to small subs. i would take 4 tens over 4 15's just for price and sound quality. and brand doesnt matter much. just get something with a huge magnet and it will hit hard. i got 2 GZ engineering 10's (wtf kinda brand is that??) and the magnets are fuckin ginormous and they hit harder than most tens ive heard around the block. plus with 4 tens you would be very happy just running one 1,000 amp, or if you wanna push them alot 2 1,000 watt amps.

11. Kyle_G

Kyle_G Junior Member

4 JL 12w6v2's
    2 JL 1000/1's
    o.m.g. will you be happy.

If you wanna step it up.. and youve got the cash to do it...

3 JL 13W7's
    3 JL 1000/1's

omgyoullbedeaf!

sealed enclosures btw.

12. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

SoloBaric 18" >>>>>>>>> 13W7

the demo i got was with 2500 watts and holy fucktards, it shook the entire store, the amp it was on over heated in 2 min. too much stress :D

13. Kyle_G

Kyle_G Junior Member

sorry... im looking over the numbers for the 18" kicker.. and im not impressed. it has a 7mm shorter excursion then the w7... requires waaayyyy too much power to make it work. im mean.. not many people make 5K watt amps. ive only seen a few... and im not about to pay what they wanted for it.. upwards of $6K. i dont think so. Ill take 2 13w7's... and 2 1000/1's... sound better.. and have spent mabye 1/3 of what you would for that kicker and amp combo. btw.. i can make some pioneers rattle your store.. theres more to it then just making noise.

14. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

of course theres more to it than making noise, and with a car such as an Accord wagon you have the ability, if placed correctly to make the car its self ack as one big box, i saw a show winning van that had 1 15" sub.

ill give you that 5k amps are a little hard to come by, BUT i have a big beef with excursion, just because the excursion is longer doesnt mean better, in this respect you are an idiot (no offense), but a longer excursion means slower response and therefore ghettoer sound. a shorter excursion produces tighter crisper bass. If you want madd excursion, get teh MTX competition 15", it has something stupid like 4in of excursion.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted