what to do with a large cargo area...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wcjuggalette

I was thinking that since i drive a wagon and its too heavy to go fast i would just take out the back seats and fill the cargo area with subs. i may not win a race at the track but ill kick a$$ at the db drags.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Dec 10 2003, 07:43 PM
naw man, make a sleeper!!!

A Db Sle3Per!!!

I'm with the starter of the thread. spend lots of money and make it slower but louder. Although Bl6 has a point, that would be a cool sleeper.

get the new SoloBaric SPL 18"

Recommended RMS = 5,000watts
Recommended Peak = 10,000watts

Recommended 10 cubic foot sealed box.

$1500

if it is an accord wagon.. h22 that shit, there is one around here that tore me a new, one and gave my buddy a run for his money too... if it is a civic wagon... B16 that shit or ZC it.

get a 32"audiobahn, the reps of audiobahn had one at a industry show a while back ago, and it was amazing

The Solo X 18" Kicker is loud, very loud...and the 10ft^3 is only for a Vented box...and with that enclosure, you wont be able to play music out of it "as so Kicker says." But man...dont go with an Audiobahn 32", because its big yes, but it just doesnt have the motor/voice coil constuction to be that loud for its size...in other words, it just wont hold up...

If you want loud...just go with 4 Solobaric 15" L7's in a vented box tuned at around 40-50hz, or if you want street bass tune it too 30-35hz...

I would put a US Amps DE 1000 on each one of them...

Just a thought,
Brandon

;)

personally i am partial to small subs. i would take 4 tens over 4 15's just for price and sound quality. and brand doesnt matter much. just get something with a huge magnet and it will hit hard. i got 2 GZ engineering 10's (wtf kinda brand is that??) and the magnets are fuckin ginormous and they hit harder than most tens ive heard around the block. plus with 4 tens you would be very happy just running one 1,000 amp, or if you wanna push them alot 2 1,000 watt amps.

4 JL 12w6v2's
2 JL 1000/1's
o.m.g. will you be happy.

If you wanna step it up.. and youve got the cash to do it...

3 JL 13W7's
3 JL 1000/1's

omgyoullbedeaf!

sealed enclosures btw.

SoloBaric 18" >>>>>>>>> 13W7

the demo i got was with 2500 watts and holy fucktards, it shook the entire store, the amp it was on over heated in 2 min. too much stress :D

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Dec 13 2003, 04:49 AM
SoloBaric 18" >>>>>>>>> 13W7

the demo i got was with 2500 watts and holy fucktards, it shook the entire store, the amp it was on over heated in 2 min. too much stress :D

sorry... im looking over the numbers for the 18" kicker.. and im not impressed. it has a 7mm shorter excursion then the w7... requires waaayyyy too much power to make it work. im mean.. not many people make 5K watt amps. ive only seen a few... and im not about to pay what they wanted for it.. upwards of $6K. i dont think so. Ill take 2 13w7's... and 2 1000/1's... sound better.. and have spent mabye 1/3 of what you would for that kicker and amp combo. btw.. i can make some pioneers rattle your store.. theres more to it then just making noise.

of course theres more to it than making noise, and with a car such as an Accord wagon you have the ability, if placed correctly to make the car its self ack as one big box, i saw a show winning van that had 1 15" sub.

ill give you that 5k amps are a little hard to come by, BUT i have a big beef with excursion, just because the excursion is longer doesnt mean better, in this respect you are an idiot (no offense), but a longer excursion means slower response and therefore ghettoer sound. a shorter excursion produces tighter crisper bass. If you want madd excursion, get teh MTX competition 15", it has something stupid like 4in of excursion.

Back