What to do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jmj2141

I bought my first Honda. It is a 1989 Honda civic hatch back. 1.5L 4 speed. My friend had it before me. Ran great when he first bought it then one day on the way to town it started missing on a cylinder. He replaced the spark plugs, Distributer and rotar. Checked the fuel filter, fuel pump, and timing belt. All looked good. Still has a miss. After driving a while down the road the check engine comes on. Any idea what happened? Or what to do next?

Thanks for your time

I have called around and everyone I talked to either could only read 96 and newer or could only do domestic. But I will keep looking

I have called around and everyone I talked to either could only read 96 and newer or could only do domestic. But I will keep looking
get a haynes manual and learn how to do it yourself. it takes a paperclip and about 2 ounces of brainpower. since you can read, i guarantee you are smart enough to do it.

Thanks for the help. smell gas in oil. dropped a valve

my car is a 90 civic hatch and it has the plug to stick a paperclicp in and get the code from the blinking cel
is it stock,. well now im confused lol, see mine is a 91 and it dont have the little 2 wire clip that you jump. to count the codes..so just go look to make sure

weird lol,,well guy just go check and see if its there and if it is jump it with a paper clip like they said

see i was thinking on 88-91 civic/crx all you did was turn the key on and count the red led light that was on the ecu. i thought only the 92+ hondas had the pigtail to jump the codes.

its there on mine lol cause its been hanging down since i got the car :)
it should be on the passenger side behind the kick panel
just pry it off with a stick... a very big stick....
then you can send me what parts i need from it lol
(driver side door and both front fenders... damn deer)
or stick some C4 behind it and run away while hitting the little red button :D

Last edited:
Back