what to do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
ok i have finally decided to say the hell with it and repo my 1990 Acura Integra GS from the girl who is "buying it" off of me. been months and no payment of any type made, hence why i am going to repo it. i have a few choices of what to do. they are listed below:

a: contact the girl and tell her i am coming to get it. im afraid if i do that she might take the distributor off that she has put on it along with whatever else she did it.

b: just go over and get the damn thing without contacting her when i know she will be at home.

c. tell her to leave the car outside of her house and i will come get it in case she aint home.

now, the car is locked up in her garage at her house with no tags on it which is no problem as i have a guy that will tow it for $25 back to my house. i know i will have to get it when shes there but im just afraid shes going to mess up my car after telling her i am coming to get it. i plan on getting the car next weekend so i need to hurry up and figure out which route i wanna take with doing this. please help all! any input is appreciated.

the bank don't call when they come to repo your car- you shouldn't call either.

call a tow truck, and head over with him. if you got the title, show the wrecker guy, and he will tow the car to where ever you want it.

I agree. Although if she put parts on it, she is entitled to them or their cost.

And if she fucks the car up, then take her ass to court! Judge Judy man! :D

Originally posted by SasSi@Mar 1 2004, 07:51 PM
I agree. Although if she put parts on it, she is entitled to them or their cost.

And if she fucks the car up, then take her ass to court! Judge Judy man! :D

only if she can prove she paid for em :D

The law is on your side. If I were you though... clearly write down the sequence of events and with title in hand, AND dressed conservatively go down to the local police station and ask someone down there for advice very calmly. You might be able to have a policeman accompany you to her house with the wrecker to claim the car. Midday, the police are usually not that busy. If she gets out of hand, the police presence will keep her in check. Just my 2 cents.

The law is on your side. If I were you though... clearly write down the sequence of events and with title in hand, AND dressed conservatively go down to the local police station and ask someone down there for advice very calmly. You might be able to have a policeman accompany you to her house with the wrecker to claim the car. Midday, the police are usually not that busy. If she gets out of hand, the police presence will keep her in check. Just my 2 cents.

glad to know there is another "clear thinker" on the board. usually the Sherrif's department handles this. You should be able to make the request over the phone (you can in my small town) and DO NOT GO GET THE CAR WITHOUT A POLICE PRESENCE!!!

They will keep anyone from getting shot, hurt or your car messed up. Plus they make nearly impeachable witnesses if stuff gets really outtahand.

Good luck!

My thoughts exactly. Go when she is there, with police presence and proof of ownership. You can't feel guilty because she won't pay. You might even keep the dizzy as backpayment. Change the locks dude. Also, buy a locking gas cap in case someone wants to slip your car an Orange soda. Nobody I know has ever done that *cough*my brother*cough*. :ph34r:

Back