what to get

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khmerb0ix7o2

Have a 00 hatch with a b18c1, wanting to boost 8 to 9 psi's, dont know what turbo kit to get, and what else do i need, do i need to to reinforcements, like forged pistons, and cams, thanks

with the right tuning you dont need to get new pistons and cams and ect. 8 to 9 psi is common on stock b18c1. it should be ok. recommend hondata and research some and get a custom kit

8-9psi is very reasonable on stock internals. To size a turbo for your ride go to smokemup.com the have a very helpful turbo sizing calculator under the auto math section. You'll have to set up a user name and what not but its a very helpful tool when going to a custom setup. Also if you want some extra horsepower i cant preach enough about having your head, intake man.,throttle body, and exhaust manifold all port matched and flowed by a machine shop. This will speed up spooling time, and make your ride way sicker than the usual bolt on kit. If you want to go big then get a set of cams, but on 8-9 psi you should be fine with stock bumpsticks. Have fun

what in the world is custom turbo and where do you get it, i have to lot to learn, and lot of research, i dont really get 83mm or 11:1 ratio whatever. is there a website where i can learn those stuff, or maybe i should take autotech or somethign in school

anymore dat has which is better higher or lower compression pistons, camshafts, what size is good and all the basics. well if anyone has any sites please send it ot me thanks

Camshafts need to match the flow of your head basicaly if you got a port and polish job done to your head, which i do recomend, then you would want a cam that would open the valve more. On a stock motor upgraded cams realy wont benifit you to mutch. As far as compression goes, static compression is the mechanical compression of the motor when its calculated on paper with out variables like boost and or nitrous. A higher comperession motor will spool a turbo quiker due to the expansion rate of the exhaust gasses leaving the cylinder, it will also make power sooner and more "snappy". A lower compression motor is not going to make power quite as quikly, or spool a turbo quite as quikly, but this can be a good thing if you like having good gas mileage or having that thing called traction that I havent seen in a while. My GSR motor is still 10.0 to 1 on stock internals, I run 8lbs of boost with an FMU and 310cc RC injectors, and I love it!!!
If you want to go all out then drop your compression to 9 to 1 or so, but don't go to low or you'll start losing streetability.

don't ever ask for "what is better" because there is NO correct answer. for the most part, it's all a matter of opinion.

high compression requires less boost to make the same power as low compression.
high compression offers more power off-boost (in vacuum) due to the motor being more powerful in and of itself.
high compression also makes for higher cyl. temps, and thus, can detonate easier, and thus, needs a more proficient tune.

don't worry about head work. that's the all-motor way to build. If you are considering boost, the turbo setup, fuel management, and bottom end should be your main concerns.
After, if you want a "little more", talk head work. but bone stock b-series heads i have personally seen put over 575 horsepower to the ground on a gsr bottom end. its all in the block, the fuel, and the turbo.

Back