What to pick??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gus79915

Hey just trying to get your guys opinion on my motor I'm looking between a b18c or a h22a both same price both complete swaps thanks

If you are looking to swap this into a civic or del sol I would say go with the b series. A b swap is fairly easy. I personally have not done a h swap in a civic but I have read that they are much more of a pain in the butt

The H22 has more horse and torque, but it's not exactly a bolt-in swap. It's not horribly difficult, but it's definitely not a B-series swap. The B18C will slide ride in and bolt-up easily, but like I said, less power...

Yea it's in a del sol I know bout the installation process n I don't mine just don't want to drop in a b18c n not be quick as far as 1/4 mile times stock what am I looking at

h22 will be faster in a 1/4 mile. with that being said, all the pro drag guys usually use a b18c.

what are you going to do with it, how much money do you have, and how much labor are you able to do?

I want a drag car money lol I ain't got deep pockets but they are consistent lol as far as labor I do everything my self but tuning and machine work it ain't that bad cause of military discount I am gonna turbo for sure jut undecided

the h22 is not designed to sit correctly in a civic, del sols included, it sights cocked... but the b-series however is basically a direct swap and was designed for civic/integra chassis

i vote b18c if your future plans include boost. the b18c has excellent potential. h22 as well, but its far easier to get a b18c in there running happily. the gearing on the transmission is just about as good as youre gonna get for a street/strip car.

Back