What to swap in '99 Civic HB

K20 Swap or Not? ~NA

• 2.0L B18C with Golden Eagle Sleeves, 12.0 CR Pistons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • K20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanks guys. i also wasnt aware that hasport had mounts. i also didnt realize that the k20 is lighter than the b18, so i will definitly try for a k20 swap...as for the itb's i was thinking of making a flange and use throttle bodies that are on motorcycles; i am thinking that since the intake faces the front, i can just create an air duct the leads to the itb's from the front fascia; similar to what leslie durst has on her car(except her intake doesnt face the front).

btw check out this site.Prototype Racing its a k20a in a elise...

the engine has a re-mapped ecu, 65mm tb, and a exhaust manifold and is pushing 248whp@7800.

if u have athe money go k20, itll be something different than ur everyday b-series swap..if u really have the money go k24 block(new crv) k20a2 head.

still working on getting a swap, right now i have enough to swap in a b16 but i dont want it. wouldnt a complete 2.4l k24 tsx engine be a better swap than a k20/24 cr-v hybrid? i heard the accord type-r/tsx motor is the best honda motor out right now.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@May 9 2004, 05:49 PM
I just don't know why anybody would want to be N/A so I don't think that way, but it's your car. I may have got owned in this thread, but I will own all your N/A hondas on the street with my boosted d-series. ;)

Wow... someone must not like to turn when he races. <_<

Originally posted by Calesta+May 10 2004, 11:39 AM-->
beerbongskickass
@May 9 2004, 05:49 PM
I just don't know why anybody would want to be N/A so I don't think that way, but it's your car.  I may have got owned in this thread, but I will own all your N/A hondas on the street with my boosted d-series. ;)

Wow... someone must not like to turn when he races. <_<

:werd:

and your hefty 216whp is not so godlike, there are many NA hondas putting down more to the wheels than that. get your head out of your ass.

on topic, i chose K20.. swap may not be so plug and play, but the motor is superior to any d or b series

Originally posted by K2e2vin@May 10 2004, 02:14 PM
still working on getting a swap, right now i have enough to swap in a b16 but i dont want it. wouldnt a complete 2.4l k24 tsx engine be a better swap than a k20/24 cr-v hybrid? i heard the accord type-r/tsx motor is the best honda motor out right now.

i think they both use the k24. differnt internals n shyt

its like a b18b compared to a b18c5

not sure, k-series is completly different in some ways

god knows how much it is for a tsx engine.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@May 10 2004, 09:53 AM
I do agree, N/A hondas for auto-x and road racing are cool, but for drag racing or street racing N/A hondas suck. I have raced N/A hatches and CRX's with H22's, GSR's, Type R's, B16's, LS/Vtec's and I haven't lost yet. My car with the quaife lsd and drag radials does pretty well on the street. If I get beat by a stock motor N/A honda I will be impressed, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. A high compression built motor is a different story, but as soon as I get rods/pistons that won't matter either. :p

Hahaha, I don't know why, but it seems pretty damn funny that your so proud of beating basically stock N/A motors. I mean really, wow.

Actually, I don't like turning while i am racing. I never said my 216whp was godlike and I am sure there are lot of built N/A hondas making more power than me. I am proud because I only spent $1100 on my turbo kit (much less than a swap) and I can easily beat swaps all day long. I love it because everybody hates d-series motors and they think you have to swap to have a "somewhat" fast car. Does it make a difference if one of those hatches with a Type R motor was also on the bottle? I beat him 3 times.

You guys just love to hate me though don't ya lol. Anyways I already said I was sorry for not paying attention to his N/A part of the question. Back on topic to your swaps. Oh, and I did say go with the GSR for the swap in my first reply.

The TSX and CRV heads have EGR ports and variable length intake manifolds like the GSR. Obviously, the CR-V has lower compression. I think a K24 block with Toda pistons and cams with a ported K20A head would be killer. Get a Hondata ECU reflash and have fun stomping beerbong's d-series into the ground.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@May 10 2004, 10:41 PM
I love it because everybody hates d-series motors and they think you have to swap to have a "somewhat" fast car. Does it make a difference if one of those hatches with a Type R motor was also on the bottle? I beat him 3 times.

You guys just love to hate me though don't ya lol.

We aren't hating on you, we don't even know you. We (I) am hating on your cocky attitude though, an the fact that you're always talking shit about beating N/A, not built motors witha bossted D series, whooptiy fuckin' doo. You seem to have some chip on your shoulder when it comes to the DOHC people, and quite frankly, a site that is inspired by swapping out engines, might not be the best place to display that. And as far as hating on SOHCs, yea, you will reach a performance plato, and get stuck, same with any motor, but the DOHCs have a higher plato. I mean really, if I did exactly what you did, but for my B16A, I could squeeze probably quite a few more horsies before having to delve into the internals. And if you beat an ITR swapped hatch with n2o then one he couldn't drive, wasn't using hte gas, or has a shitty motor, or maybe you're an amazing driver, who knows, who cares, it doesn't matter here.

Back