What to swap into a 94 integra ls?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crombie09

I am thinking of picking up a 94 integra ls. The car is mint and has all service records done to the car. It has 125k on it and is an auto :angry: . Its an ls so it just has a non vtec b18 motor in it.

What do you guys recommend doing to this car if I get it? Should I just throw on a vtec head? Or swap in another motor? Dont want to spend too much here. -Any ideas or links would be awesome.

first thing i would do is sell it and buy another car with a manual trans
but aside from that
id turbo it
fuck swapping in another engine... the B18B1 has plenty of potential
fuck VTEC... throw on a turbo and youll be faster than pretty much any NA VTEC car you come up against

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 11 2004, 03:31 PM
but aside from that
id turbo it
fuck VTEC... throw on a turbo and youll be faster than pretty much any NA VTEC car you come up against

:werd: on the manual

:werd: on the turbo

Or... you could swap on a gsr head and then turbo it VTEC + turbo= fast

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 11 2004, 03:31 PM
but aside from that
id turbo it

Well Im actually getting the car in a trade, so it an auto.

The only vtec head is a GSR, correct? I think Ive seen those GSR heads go for a lot, somewhere around $500, if thats about what they cost then I might as well make a homemade turbo kit. Is a turbo cool with an auto though?

dohc vtec is on the b16a2 Si, b18c1 GSR and b18c5 ITR... probably among other motors.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jul 11 2004, 03:47 PM
dohc vtec is on the b16a2 Si, b18c1 GSR and b18c5 ITR... probably among other motors.

Cool thanks- Do you know by chance what hp that ls b18 engine makes? I searched for it but cant find it?

Also whats a safe psi to run on that engine with out taking it apart and adding forged internals or blowing it? I was thinking 5psi?

the heads from the B16, B18C1, B18C5 (USDM or any other *DM) are all VTEC and will work on the B18B

if $500 is too much to spend though, i am going to have to STRONGLY suggest against modifying your car at all
this is in absolutly no way a cheap or inexpensive hobby

The 94 LS B18B1 makes 142 hp@6300 & 127ft lbs @5200 stock

5 psi would be safe, you might even be able to run 7 or 8 psi on it as long as you get the proper fuel management and tune the fuck out of it.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 11 2004, 03:53 PM
the heads from the B16, B18C1, B18C5 (USDM or any other *DM) are all VTEC and will work on the B18B

if $500 is too much to spend though, i am going to have to STRONGLY suggest against modifying your car at all
this is in absolutly no way a cheap or inexpensive hobby

I know its not cheap bro- this is what I meant, to do the swap I'll need a head (estimate $500? not sure) and a head gasket set, timing belt and misc other items, right? How much power does adding a vtec head make? Not too much, correct? All I was saying is I might as well just piece together a turbo kit for a little more and get more power.

my boy turboed his b18b and all he did was upgrade the clucth and threw in a warlboro 255 lph pump.. and ran 8psi for months before he sold the car and never had a problem..he even ran the boost to 11psi once but the clutch would hold engine ran fine.

to answer the question about the ls/vtec swap i have seen them range anywhere from 170 - 210 hp with just swapping the head... it has alot of variable for the different power ranges.

Originally posted by allbottledup@Jul 11 2004, 04:26 PM
to answer the question about the ls/vtec swap i have seen them range anywhere from 170 - 210 hp with just swapping the head... it has alot of variable for the different power ranges.

I can go from 142 hp to 170-210 by just swapping the head?

there is a lot more to it than simply switching the head .... go read up in the articles section

Back