1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to use for tuning?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Utrax42, May 17, 2009.

1. Utrax42

Utrax42 New Member

I know about zip in reguards to tuning. my build is a Z6 running ~11.4:1 CR(effective) & basic bolt ons, & no cam at least for a while (it'd be stage 2 Tops). 91 Octane, and a stage colder plugs. Do I need to even worry about getting it tuned? If so, what should I use? I have a chipped (spoon)/socketed ecu. Is it possible for some shops to retune that chip? or do I need something else like hondata?
    If not, then were should I put my timing at? The usuall 16 degrees BTDC (16BTDC? its the middle line)
    Thanks guys! I appreciate it ^_^

2. LSV TEGGY

LSV TEGGY New Member

Can I run Stock ls pistons with a b16a vtec head ?

3. Utrax42

Utrax42 New Member

4. red91efhatch

red91efhatch New Member

I would get it tuned for best results, hondata is nice but you might wanna check out crome and unberdata there are others as well and cost less then hondata.
    next time create your own thread or die! JK yes you can, and there is plenty of info on here you could have answered that yourself next time use the search button, top right-best friend etc.

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  5. Utrax42

Utrax42 New Member

I will look into them for sure! Thanks a million.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted