what tranny do i have

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efmadness

hey guys new to the honda thing but i have a1990 civic with a zc swap i need a new clutch thing is i dont know which tranny i have an dx si or zc the tranny code is SL3 is that the same as an L3 ? just dont wanna buy the wrong one 20 or 21 splines what do i buy ?

the tag with the # is up on top insted of being down on the front where the l3s tags are

Team Ruthless/club 5252

hey guys new to the honda thing but i have a1990 civic with a zc swap i need a new clutch thing is i dont know which tranny i have an dx si or zc the tranny code is SL3 is that the same as an L3 ? just dont wanna buy the wrong one 20 or 21 splines what do i buy ?

88 single cam transmssions had the 21 spline input shaft, 89-91 have a 20 spline count. Is it a dohc or sohc? The dohc trans uses equal length axles and a half shaft, if you have one long axle and a short axle you still have the single cam transmssion. If thats the case then go by the year of your car and take a shot in the dark. That or pull the trans and count the splines on the input shaft.

The Si transmission is the best choice available. Both the Si and DX transmission bolts right up and keeps the install simple. The DX transmission will sacrifice performance for better fuel mileage and lower freeway rpms. The ZC tranmission has a close ratio 1-5th gear, but a long final drive, making the best transmission still the US Si. For the ultimate acceleration make a Si/ZC hybrid transmission, by taking the Si final drive and put it in the ZC transmission. Or you can do it the other way around, ZC 1-5 in a Si transmission case. Either way, expect 80mph to turn 4300 rpms. However, the ZC transmission requires you to use ZC or 90-91 Integra axles, and a ZC or 86-89 Integra intermediate shaft. Because these axles are equal length, many users report a reduction in torque steer.

Stolen from here.... HYBRID: 4th Gen TECH

Last edited:
hey man thanx for the help jsut got the new clutch in my car works great

Back