1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Turbo and Boost Controller?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Turbocivicracerx, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Turbocivicracerx

Turbocivicracerx Junior Member

I have a good idea how the whole turbo works but the only part I dont understand is the wastegate and boost controler. Some ppl say you get a spring to regulate your boost and then you turn a nut and others say you use a boost controller. If u get a upgraded spring will that be the maximum boost or what you can boost from? Thank you for clearing this issue up for me.
    Also I am going to be running 20-25 psi on a b20 no vtec turbo engine. What would be a good turbo for this application. Thank you.

2. formby

formby learning in progress

do you own the motor already...

3. Turbocivicracerx

Turbocivicracerx Junior Member

Im building the motor as we speak. Its being built to handle the boost.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

waste gate spring is the LOWEST possible boost setting you can run. a bosot controller can only RAISE the boost from there, and generally, only about twice the spring's size. so if you get a 7 psi spring, you are good for about 14 psi with a boost controller.

Having a psi goal for a motor is the wrong way to build. psi means jack shit.... and jack left town.

build for a power level.... and then use the amount of boost that will be needed to get there.

5. formby

formby learning in progress

i think that you should go to the import builder site and read jeffs write up on turo setups....i found it to be very informative...good luck with the build

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted